The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 pm by NickSant15

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43278 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_vote_lcapNASCAR rule changes for next year... I_voting_barNASCAR rule changes for next year... I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4132)
NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_vote_lcapNASCAR rule changes for next year... I_voting_barNASCAR rule changes for next year... I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

NASCAR rule changes for next year...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

NASCAR rule changes for next year... Empty
PostSubject: NASCAR rule changes for next year...   NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Quote :
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – NASCAR on Tuesday announced competition changes for 2013 that includes the elimination of the top 35 qualifying rule and a reduced field size in the Nationwide Series.
Starting next season, the top 35 cars in owners' points will no longer be guaranteed a spot in the Sprint Cup field. NASCAR will use a 36-6-1 format in which the fastest 36 cars make the race on speed. The next six highest ranking cars in owners points not already qualified then earn a starting spot, followed by the most recent eligible past champion driver.
"This is a big win for our fans," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. "They'll see the fastest cars earn their starting spots. This change adds intrigue, drama and excitement to qualifying."
In the Nationwide Series, NASCAR will only allow a maximum of 40 cars to race each week instead of 43. The change cuts three cars from the field who likely would have started then parked shortly after with no intention of attempting to race.
"We feel to strengthen the ownership base it's best served to reduce that field to 40 cars," said Pemberton. "It gives us an opportunity to put what we feel is a better quality field of cars in play at those Nationwide events."
The Sprint Cup fields will remain at 43 cars and the Truck Series field will stay at 36 trucks.
Among other changes announced Tuesday:
— The Sprint Cup Series qualifying order will be based on random draw instead of practice speeds.
— If qualifying is rained out, the field will be set by the rule book but the starting order for the race will be determined by practice speeds.
— Last year's owner points will be used to set provisionals for the first three races; the rules currently have last year's points carry over for the first five races.
NASCAR also opened its testing policy for next season. Teams had been banned from testing at NASCAR-sanctioned tracks since 2009 as a cost-cutting move, but beginning next season Sprint Cup teams will be allowed four tests at tracks that hold NASCAR races.
Nationwide and Truck Series teams will be allowed two tests, and teams with rookie drivers will get one additional test. NASCAR also will pick two tracks to open one day early for testing at the start of a race weekend.
"We feel like it's time to open that up and allow the teams to manage their testing and get back to facilities that host our events," Pemberton said. "We made the decision at the end of 2008 to restrict testing, primarily for economic reasons. Now we believe it will be best for the garage and for the tracks to have some testing return in 2013."

So the top 35 rule is gone. All of my yes.

And...only 40 cars in Nationwide? I was really, REALLY freaking surprised when I saw news of that, but I don't know if I should have been.
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

NASCAR rule changes for next year... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NASCAR rule changes for next year...   NASCAR rule changes for next year... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 pm

To be honest, I'm not really surprised to see the Nationwide field being reduced. Also, I wouldn't mind if they go back to what it was back in the "old days" where there were only 30-35 cars at some of the short tracks. I mean, the Trucks have had great racing with 36 trucks or less.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

NASCAR rule changes for next year...
Page 1 of 1