The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_vote_lcapSad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_voting_barSad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_vote_lcapSad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_voting_barSad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( Empty
PostSubject: Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :(   Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Former winners Peugeot will not enter this year's Le Mans 24 Hours race after announcing that they had pulled out of the new FIA world endurance championship for financial reasons.

"This decision has been taken in the context of a difficult economic environment in Europe," the French carmaker said in a statement on the company website. "Peugeot has chosen to concentrate resources on its sales performance in 2012."

Peugeot last won Le Mans in 2009, with their diesel cars finishing second, third, fourth and fifth behind the number two Audi last year.

Audi have won the race 10 times in the last 12 years.

PSA Peugeot Citroen, Europe's second-biggest car maker, is struggling to rein in costs and revive flagging sales after a series of profit warnings. In October, Chief Executive Philippe Varin announced plans to save an additional 800 million euros this year, including some 6,000 job cuts.

Jean Todt, president of the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) who managed Peugeot's team when the carmaker won Le Mans in 1992 and 1993, was disappointed by the decision.

"To lose such a strong player like Peugeot is bad news, indicating what a tough period the automotive industry is going through, and this group in particular," he said in a statement.

"I believe that it is especially true that in tough times one should find ways of expressing full commitment, rather than pulling out.

"But we can only respect their choice and hope that they can come back soon at the highest level of motorsport."

While Peugeot will not have a works team at Le Mans, Toyota have already announced their return to the endurance classic after a 13-year absence.

The Japanese company, who finished runners-up to BMW in 1999, plans to compete in this year's 80th edition of the race with a petrol hybrid car.

Le Mans organisers and endurance championship promoters the Automobile Club de l'Ouest said in a statement it regretted Peugeot's departure but the race remained in good health.

Wednesday also marked the closing date for entries to both Le Mans and the World Endurance Championship and the ACO said it had received many applications, including from major manufacturers.

The list of competitors will be published on February 2.

"It is a big disappointment for the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the FIA World Endurance Championship, which begins in the year 2012; A competition created at the request of manufacturers in general and in particular Peugeot," said ACO President Jean-Claude Plassart.

"No doubt the hundreds of thousands of fans who flock to the 24 Hours of Le Mans each year and millions of viewers who follow will regret the absence of the Peugeot lions."

Courtesy of Yahoo Sports UK & Ireland, EuroSport, and Reuters.
Back to top Go down
bungaree
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :(   Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:55 am

Old news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :(   Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:35 am

Barton Sandy wrote:
Old news.

I'd prefered that you didn't say that because this was new to me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
World Racing Legend
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech

Location : In a awesome world. Where money is based on chocolate and pancakes!

PostSubject: Re: Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :(   Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Bad news for me and Peugeot, because I really preferred them over the Audi teams. Hopefully with Toyota, Mazda might come back, and take back the throne like they did in the '90s.
Back to top Go down
http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :(   Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Toyota for sure is coming back in the P1 class. It's a shame the Peugeot team isn't. Simon Pageneaut was so close to winning the 24 hour race last year when the lone Audi of Andre Lotterer beat the Peugeot duo by thirteen seconds.
Back to top Go down
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX
moppenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :(   Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Barton Sandy wrote:
Old news.

This.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :(   Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad times for Peugeot, will not run Le Mans 24 this year :(
Page 1 of 1