The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_vote_lcapKurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_voting_barKurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_vote_lcapKurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_voting_barKurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske

Go down 
+11
Tyson Lautenschlager
Its Webzic
Jrod
Alta
kensethfan
Tanrar
Cynon
VincentGiac426
VerizonGuy12
Chives5150
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske Empty
PostSubject: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:27 pm

After this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsaBQq5D4Zg, Thatsracin reports, in an article by Jim Utter from the Charlote Observer, the following:
"For the second time in his Sprint Cup Series career, an off-track issue has cost Kurt Busch his job.

Busch will not return next season to drive Penske Racing's No. 22 Dodge, multiple sources confirmed to the Observer and ThatsRacin.com on Sunday night.

An official announcement of Busch's departure from the organization is expected from Penske on Monday.

Just over a week ago NASCAR fined Busch $50,000 for the use of an obscene gesture and a profanity-laced tirade directed toward a media member during the Cup series finale race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

The incident with ESPN reporter Dr. Jerry Punch, which took place in the garage after Busch's car broke its transmission, was caught on video and posted on YouTube.

At the time, Penske Racing officials issued a statement saying they were reviewing the matter internally.

Asked if he could confirm Busch as the driver of the No. 22 team in 2012, Penske spokesman Jonathan Gibson referred to its previous statement and said the organization would have no further comment at this time.

In November 2005, less than one year after winning his first Cup series championship, Busch was fired by Roush Fenway Racing after he was cited for criminal reckless in Avondale, Ariz., in what police described as an alcohol-related incident.

Busch sat out the remaining two races of the 2005 season. He began driving for team owner Roger Penske in the 2006 season.

Since joining Penske, Busch has won 10 races and his highest finish in the series standings was fourth in 2009.

This decision comes very late in the year and puts both Busch and Penske in a difficult position.

There are no quality rides currently available for next season for Busch to pursue, and no drivers with a resume on the track similar to Busch's presumably available for Penske to hire.

Several drivers who competed in the Cup series this season remain without rides, including David Ragan, Brian Vickers and David Reutimann."
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:37 pm

It's bad enough that due to the economy that no one wants to pick him up, but then he goes and basically ruins his reputation, again? Good luck finding a new ride, Kurt. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Wow. Just wow. You've done yourself in again, Kurt.
Back to top Go down
VerizonGuy12
World Racing Legend
VerizonGuy12

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Brian Kesolowski wants to drive the 22.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Michael29Shell

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Well, well, well. Two brothers racing for the same team. Now that should be fun. Imagine one of them taking the Sprint Cup next year.
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:07 pm

If its not on Jayski, its not true, I'd hold off for now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://awnmotorsports.forumotion.com
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Dear Penske: Hire Ward Burton and my gratitude shall be eternal.
Back to top Go down
Cynon
Series Legend
Cynon

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Laughing @ this news.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Cynon44
Tanrar
World Racing Legend
Tanrar

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:26 pm

If Brian Keselowski could drive the 22, I'd be happier than ESPN at a Danica Patrick convention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Anybody that replaces that a$$wipe Kurt Bytch will make my day. Whether it's Ward, BriKes, Regan, or, ooooh, I know! Robby Gordon!
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:23 pm

That is all.

(OOC: This was moreover aimed at Kurt Busch than it was the Penske Racing team, by the way. Wink)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Alta
Series Veteran
Alta

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:13 am

Falcon_88 wrote:
Anybody that replaces that a$$wipe Kurt Bytch will make my day. Whether it's Ward, BriKes, Regan, or, ooooh, I know! Robby Gordon!
Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske Facepalm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:53 pm

WHAT?.avi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:54 pm

From Jayski:

"Kurt Busch out at Penske? UPDATE mutual agreement to part ways: Penske Racing officials are meeting Monday to determine the future of driver #22-Kurt Busch. Penske officials were contacted by ESPN.com on Sunday, but would not confirm or deny the meeting over Busch's status, while the Charlotte Observer reported that Busch has been fired. Busch has been involved in several behavior incidents on the track this season, including the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Busch made an obscene hand gesture leaving the track after his transmission failure early in the race. He also had a profanity-laced tirade at ESPN's Dr. Jerry Punch and his camera crew in the garage moments later, which went viral on YouTube. NASCAR later penalized Busch $50,000 for the two incidents. Penske officials, along with team sponsors Shell Pennzoil, publicly reprimanded Busch afterward. Sources confirmed that Shell Pennzoil officials have spoken with team owner Roger Penske and expressed concerns about Busch continuing as the driver. Penske spokesman Bud Denker and Walt Czarnecki, the executive vice president of Penske Corportation, said they will stand by their comment made after Busch was fined by NASCAR that they will not comment further until their internal review is complete. Kurt Busch had an earlier incident with reporters this season at Richmond in September, the final event before the Chase started. He had to be restrained from a NASCAR.com reporter on pit road. Busch also tore another reporter's interview transcript in half after being questioned about recorded comments that he denied making. Last week in Las Vegas, Busch said he was seeing a sports psychologist to deal with his anger issues.(ESPN)
AND Speculation points to David Ragan as the leading candidate for the job. Ragan spent the 2011 season with Roush Fenway Racing, but his future has been in doubt since the team lost sponsorship for next season. He earned his first career Sprint Cup victory this season, at Daytona International Speedway. Other candidates for the job include David Reutimann and Brian Vickers  two drivers who drove in the Sprint Cup Series this past season but are without a ride for 2012  and Sam Hornish Jr., who has previously driven for Penske at the Sprint Cup level.(FoxSports)(12-4-2011)
UPDATE Penske Racing announced today that it has reached a mutual agreement with driver Kurt Busch to end its driver/race team relationship, effective immediately. The team will evaluate its options for the driver of the #22 Sprint Cup Series car in the future while Busch will seek new opportunities with another race team. "I appreciate the victories that Kurt has brought Penske Racing and our sponsors over the past six years," said Roger Penske. "While I am disappointed that Kurt will not be racing for our team in the future, both Kurt and I felt that separating at this time was best for all parties, including our team and sponsors. I wish Kurt the best in his future racing endeavors."
"I am grateful to Penske Racing for six very productive years," said Busch. "Together we won a lot of races -16 in all. Leaving a great organization and a lucrative contract is not easy, but it's an important step for me and allows me to take a deep breath to work on things that can make me a better driver and a better person. I want to personally thank Roger Penske for the opportunity that he has given me."(Penske Racing)
AND been told Ragan has been released by Roush Fenway Racing and Ford to pursue other oppurtunities. Supposedly he was in line to run the #51 Chevy in 2012, but now hearing he will sign a one-year deal to run the #22 Dodge for Penske.(12-5-2011)
AND III: Penske was out of the country and unavailable to comment directly. But Bud Denker, a senior vice president for Penske Corporation, said the split was best for all parties. "Kurt had some concern with our performance,'' Denker told ESPN.com. "Obviously, we had concerns with his on and off the track behavior. We agreed to take the high road for both of us. We agreed that separating at this time was best for all parties, including Kurt and the sponsors.'' Denker would not comment on whether Penske Racing had to meet any financial obligations to Busch, who had several years left on his contract. But he said "we have no further obligations, financially or contractually.'' Denker said while Shell Pennzoil was consulted in the decision, "it was ultimately our decision.'' "It's important for people to understand the nature of what we've done,'' Denker said. "It's a mutual separation. Kurt came to the conclusion and we have as well that it's time to move on. Kurt has been a terrific driver for us. He's a friend. We have been working with problems and issues in the past. It's well documented by everyone. As we looked at 2012 and beyond it was time to move on based on that incident at Homestead.'' Denker said it was a difficult decision, noting Busch has done a great job promoting sponsors for Penske Racing.
One of the criteria Shell Pennzoil had when it signed with Penske Racing last season was to have a championship-caliber driver. That prompted the move of Busch from the #2 Miller Lite car to the #22. Denker said Busch's replacement "may not be a championship driver right now,'' but said Shell is behind anybody they choose. He acknowledged that David Ragan, who won at Daytona in June, might be a possibility. Ragan remains under contract with Roush Fenway Racing, but he doesn't have a ride for 2012 because he lost sponsor UPS. Initial inquiries, multiple sources said, have been made. "It could be David, it could be others,'' Denker said. "We have not started that process yet"
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Let the resume submissions for the #22 car begin!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jrodsly
Tanrar
World Racing Legend
Tanrar

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:58 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
He acknowledged that David Ragan, who won at Daytona in June, might be a possibility.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm

If Penske hires David Ragan, I am going to scream so loud, that the forums will break.
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm

RandomClassic wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:
He acknowledged that David Ragan, who won at Daytona in June, might be a possibility.

I just ROFLED all over the place.

Anyway, Jayski is ponified with my ponify program. This is what a part of the Kurt Busch story says.

"I am grateful to Penske Racing for six very productive years," said Busch. "Together we won a lot of races -16 in all. Leaving a great organization and a lucrative contract is not easy, but it's an important step for me and allows me to take a deep breath to work on things that can make me a better driver and a better pony. I want to personally thank Roger Penske for the opportunity that he has given me."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Eric J Floppyfish wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:

I just ROFLED all over the place.

Anyway, Jayski is ponified with my ponify program. This is what a part of the Kurt Busch story says.

"I am grateful to Penske Racing for six very productive years," said Busch. "Together we won a lot of races -16 in all. Leaving a great organization and a lucrative contract is not easy, but it's an important step for me and allows me to take a deep breath to work on things that can make me a better driver and a better pony. I want to personally thank Roger Penske for the opportunity that he has given me."

Yes, I'm definitely going to scream.
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Ragan really isn't tooooo bad...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:24 pm

I like David Regan.
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Nick399 wrote:

And if he races Toyotas he would be on your hate list. He is terrible. He should have never have been moved up to cup.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Eric J Floppyfish wrote:
Nick399 wrote:

And if he races Toyotas he would be on your hate list. He is terrible. He should have never have been moved up to cup.

He really isn't all that bad. He almost made the chase one year. He's bad but he really isn't OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.

people just jump on his hate bandwagon...
Back to top Go down
Tyson Lautenschlager
Tyson Lautenschlager

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Reutimann almost made the chase one year so wh... oh right because he used to drive Toyota...

ANYWAY, I wrote this to Penske Racing, probably a waste of my time but... If it's too long and you don't feel like reading it, go down and skip to the statistics. It's the most important. It shows that Reuti can do more than Ragan whom is in top notch equipment.

I would just like to say something in regards to the possibility of David Ragan replacing Kurt Busch in the 22. Basically, I don't think Ragan is deserving of the 22 ride. What has Ragan done to deserve it? In 4 years of driving for Roush in top notch equipment, he has done virtually nothing in his Sprint Cup career. He has one win at Daytona this year. It has been proven time and time again that anybody can win a race in the two-car tango and it doesn't take much talent to do it anymore.

Brian Keselowski has expressed a whole lot of interest in this car. He has not done much in his short foray in NASCAR but has had very poor equipment and has still managed to get a top 10 in a Nationwide race. Brian also qualified at Daytona this year in a 4 year old car! I would love to say a two-brother duo back in NASCAR on the same team although I understand it is highly unlikely.

However, the driver I think is most deserving of being the replacement for this #22 car is David Reutimann. Reutimann has done surprisingly well in a Michael Waltrip Racing car with mediocre equipment. He won at Chicago last year leading over 50 laps. Thus, he did not luck in to this win like how Ragan did at Daytona this year. Reutimann also got close to winning his 3rd career victory this year at Kentucky. He finished 2nd to Kyle Busch and had he had just 2 more laps, I'm sure he would've won. He was much faster than Busch in the closing laps.

In Reutimann's 171 starts, he has 26 top 10's with 12 top 5's. He also has 2 wins and 4 poles. He has led a total of 334 laps.

In Ragan's 182 starts, he has 30 top 10's with 12 top 5's. He has 1 win and 2 poles. He has led a total of 95 laps, all this shows Reutimann really has better statistics.
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Ragan is a good guy, but he's not the best driver. He has Truck or Nationwide talent, but I don't think he really deserves to be in Cup.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske   Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kurt Busch apparently out of ride at Penske
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next