The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_vote_lcapHornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_voting_barHornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_vote_lcapHornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_voting_barHornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points

Go down 
+2
Tanrar
Its Webzic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points Empty
PostSubject: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:12 am

Jayski wrote:
Sam Hornish Jr. will not be in anything Penske-owned in Daytona. He is basically done. Penske Racing downsized not only Hornish's NASCAR Sprint Cup organization, but also its Nationwide Series crew. [Penske] cannibalized the #77 crew of Hornish and what was left of the #12 Nationwide crew to make up the best for one with Brad Keselowksi's organization, whatever they were lacking in Nationwide, but also to beef up what is now the #2 car for Keselowski for the Cup season. (Fox Sports)
BUT Brad Keselowski said on his twitter that Hornish would be his Nationwide Series teammate in 2011, driving the #12.(1-15-2011)
UPDATE: Sam Hornish Jr. will compete in at least 10 NASCAR Nationwide races this season, beginning with the DRIVEFORCOPD 300 at Daytona International Speedway, team owner Roger Penske confirmed by email on Saturday. Chad Walters will serve as Hornish's crew chief. Penske's acknowledgment confirms a report earlier this week by FOXSports.com's Jeff Hammond, who said Hornish would not return to Sprint Cup competition in a Penske car this season. Penske also verified that the #77 car's [owners points, was 30th in 2010] points will be used by Stephen Wallace, who is attempting to make his Cup debut at Daytona. Wallace, 23, currently drives the #66 Toyota for his father at Rusty Wallace Racing [in the Nationwide Series].(FoxSports), so Wallace is guaranteed making the Daytona 500.(1-15-2011)

Lets hear some thoughts.

I think this is a bad idea. These teams getting owner points and most likely not running the whole year (these guys and Wood Brothers). And why Steven Wallace? Brian Keselowski if anyone should have gotten the points. I hope then Steven will run the full season then because there is no rookies except Brian Keselowski who might run the full year and he will probably make like not even 7 races.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Tanrar
World Racing Legend
Tanrar

Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:28 am

Facepalm. Steven Wallace... REALLY? There are a heap of better drivers than him, IE: Parker Kligerman, Justin Allgaier, and they choose him. Facepalm.
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:40 am

The Daytona 500 will now be a wreckfest...
Back to top Go down
https://awnmotorsports.forumotion.com
Jesse Pizzajarvi
Admin
Admin
Jesse Pizzajarvi

PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:24 am

So, Steven Wallace is gonna drive the 77?
Back to top Go down
Tyson Lautenschlager
Tyson Lautenschlager

PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:28 am

No he gets the owners points. He'll drive for Rusty and drive the 66.
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:49 am

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
No he gets the owners points. He'll drive for Rusty and drive the 66.

They will probably buy the #66 from Prism and they will change to the 55 and have enough money to run the full race, NOT.
Back to top Go down
NormBenningFan57
BANNED
BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:57 am

Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKZXDwevQSA

He shouldnt get the points, why dosent the 36 or 87 get them? They deserve them
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Jayski wrote:
UPDATE: Rusty Wallace is working on putting a Daytona 500 ride together for his son, Steve, but does not have the deal completed, according to Greg Wallace, Rusty's oldest son. If the deal gets done, Wallace, 23, possibly could get the owner points of the Penske Racing #77 car from 2010, which would lock him in the field for his Cup debut. "In the past, Rusty has expressed a well-known interest in having Steve compete in this year's Daytona 500, either with RWR or an established Cup team," said Greg, who is vice president of Rusty Wallace Racing. "Various opportunities have arisen for that to happen, but as of now, nothing has been completed."(Sporting News)(1-18-2011)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Oh hell no. Run to the hills. Run for your life.
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Jayski wrote:
UPDATE 2 - Steve Wallace to make Cup debut: Rusty Wallace Racing (RWR) announced that 23 year-old Steve Wallace will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut in February's 53rd annual running of NASCAR's most prestigious event, the Daytona 500. Wallace will pilot the #77 Toyota Camry for RWR at Daytona, with backing from longtime sponsor 5-Hour Energy and new partner Aspen Dental. When Steve Wallace and the 5-Hour Energy Camry take the green flag on February 20th at NASCAR's most historic venue, the well-pedigreed racer will write his own chapter in NASCAR history. His Sprint Cup debut will make the Wallace family the first ever to have produced four Daytona 500 competitors, breaking a longtime tie with the Petty, Allison, Earnhardt and Bodine families. When Wallace starts the 2011 event, a member of his family will have competed in 27 of the last 30 Daytona 500s.
The third-generation driver will have familiar leadership for his first run in The Great American Race, as RWR General Manager, Larry Carter, will serve as crew chief for the #77 5-Hour Energy Toyota. A veteran Sprint Cup crew chief, Carter led Rusty Wallace to a top-ten in the elder Wallace's final Daytona 500 in 2005, as well as a fourth-place finish in the July 2005 event at Daytona.
Providing additional comfort to the younger Wallace in his Cup Series debut is a guaranteed place among the 43-car starting field, enabled through an agreement between RWR and Penske Racing.
Said Steve Wallace, "Starting my first Daytona 500 is definitely going to be the most exciting day of my career-make that my life-so far. It's something that every kid wanting to be a racer-including me-dreams of doing one day. It's the some of the best drivers in the world competing in the biggest race in the world. I really have to thank 5-Hour Energy and Aspen Dental for making this possible. As far as the race, my goals are simple: to stay out of trouble, earn all the respect I can from the other guys and make sure the 5-Hour Energy Toyota is there at the end of the race. The way restrictor plate racing goes, if we can do that, there's no telling what can happen."
Team owner Rusty Wallace shares his son's enthusiasm for the event. "This is a big event for all of us-for Steve, our team, our family and our sponsors," Wallace stated, "When you're a young driver coming up, you dream about racing in the Daytona 500 and now Steve's going to get the opportunity to do it. He's grown by leaps and bounds as a driver in the Nationwide Series over the last few years and we think he's ready for this opportunity. We've been looking at this race as an opportunity for a while, because I really believe that the new pavement at Daytona is going to be a great equalizer among the teams. The cars will have a ton of grip and it's going to make handling a much smaller part of the equation.(Rusty Wallace Racing)(1-19-2011)

shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points   Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hornish Not Racing at Daytona w/ Penske, Steven Wallace to get #77 owners points
Page 1 of 1