The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_vote_lcapRound 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_voting_barRound 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_vote_lcapRound 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_voting_barRound 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant

Go down 
+2
The Troll Doctor
Its Webzic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant Empty
PostSubject: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:55 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/30/bloomberg-plans-a-ban-on-_n_1557851.html

Huffington Post wrote:
NEW YORK, May 30 (Reuters) - New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg plans to propose a far-reaching municipal ban on sales of large-size sugary beverages by restaurants, mobile food carts, movie theaters and delis, his administration said on Wednesday.

A document outlining the proposal said it was aimed at fighting an epidemic of obesity, citing public health statistics showing that 58 percent of New York City adults and nearly 40 percent of city public school students are obese or overweight.

The proposal defines sugary drinks as beverages that are "sweetened with sugar or another caloric sweetener that contain more than 25 calories per 8 fluid ounces and contains less than 51 percent milk or milk substitute by volume as an ingredient."

It would impact drinks sold in containers larger than 16 ounces, but would not impact the sale of diet soda or dairy-based drinks.

Bloomberg's efforts to correct unhealthy behaviors have included a campaign to cut down on salt and a ban on trans fats in restaurant food, along with a requirement that chain restaurants display calorie counts.

In 2003, the city banned smoking in bars and restaurants, generating howls of protest at the time from smokers and non-smokers who saw it as a case of government creeping into private lives, but the law has since become widely accepted.

The proposed ban on sugary drinks requires the approval of the city's Board of Health. It will submitted to the board on June 12.

In a statement, a spokesman for the New York City Beverage Association challenged Bloomberg's assertion that the consumption of soda was driving obesity rates.

"It's time for serious health professionals to move on and seek solutions that are going to actually curb obesity," said spokesman Stefan Friedman. "These zealous proposals just distract from the hard work that needs to be done on this front." (Reporting by Edith Honan and Steve Gorman; Editing by Cynthia Johnston and Eric Beech)

Ok, this pisses me off. I'm going to do my own rant on this and Jrod, maybe we will make a rant together. As I open my Coca-Cola Vanilla to take a drink of it, I will give you my rant.

First off, let me say that I do agree that one cause of obesity is drinking a lot of soda. I for one drink a lot of soda and I am fat but my uncle drinks 10 times more soda then me a day and weighs a lot less then me. Banning soda is not the solution. If you are going to ban any thing, it should be fast-food restaurants. Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, A&W, Mountain Dew, and all the other soda companies will put there hatred for there rivals aside and join hands to repel this stupid ban that can happen. And on top of that, all those companies are more powerful then the NYC mayor. This is like Prohibition, it didn't work the first time, it's not going to work the second time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
The Troll Doctor
On Probation
The Troll Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:32 pm

True 'dat,
Back to top Go down
BJFalcon_Returns_2012
BANNED
BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Ha! Screw that! Montana can't do shit in banning soda! Eat that Mofo-berg!
Back to top Go down
Will Legge
Hall of Famer
Will Legge

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:29 pm

I think i may be the only one on the forum who supports Mayor Bloombergs proposal.
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:48 pm

Its Its not for Walton though...
Back to top Go down
https://awnmotorsports.forumotion.com
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:52 pm

Nick399 wrote:
Its Its not for Walton though...

Supposedly the plan is to make it for the whole state starting with NYC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:58 pm

If this reaches West Virginia, another NASCAR will form from the bootlegging of Mountain Dew.

EDIT: 1200th post!
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:59 pm

If you look at the article, it says this law would only ban large-size soft drinks. Meaning Big Gulps or something.
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:09 pm

AAROdynamic426 wrote:
If you look at the article, it says this law would only ban large-size soft drinks. Meaning Big Gulps or something.

It said 16oz or higher, like 20oz would be banned. Thats all they sell in stores.
Back to top Go down
The Troll Doctor
On Probation
The Troll Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:20 pm

actually, 8oz+,

is it me or is this starting to sound like the KND root-beer scenario?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant   Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Jrod, I need you to make me a rant
Page 1 of 1