The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 pm by NickSant15

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43278 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_vote_lcapPointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_voting_barPointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4132)
Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_vote_lcapPointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_voting_barPointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber Empty
PostSubject: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Instead of making a whole new section for this, I'll just make a thread that I'll update periodically. You could call it a blog of sorts. If this is infringing on anything, Nick will probably let me know.

To start, here is a project I'm working on for the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K14 PC(mod with a ton of old seasons and teams to pick from) called Pack and Play, where I play against the teams in this mod and if I win, I get to pick from a really good player pool using a random number generator. If I lose, I pick from the entire player pool(not just a specialized pool).

This was the most recent game I played in it a couple days ago. Kept Vinsanity in check here.

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber 11145198_10153158550472745_5958998556127112076_o

And yes, that is Lebron on my team. 2012 All Star Lebron, actually. He's every bit as good as you think he is. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jrodsly
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 5:48 pm

Jrod wrote:
And yes, that is Lebron on my team. 2012 All Star Lebron, actually. He's every bit as good as you think he is. Razz

5 points? Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://awnmotorsports.forumotion.com
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Nick399 wrote:
Jrod wrote:

5 points? Laughing

This was his first game. Razz

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber 11165163_10153154370602745_4156567737322922153_o
Back to top Go down
vbooy57
Racing Legend
vbooy57

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Might have to look into that mod, been meaning to get into NBA 2K again, I played a fair amount of 2K11 and had some great times with the career mode, whatever it was called
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:48 pm

It's a great mod. Constantly updated with tweaks and improvements. Has every season dating back to 1960(with 1952 thrown in) and several other rosters(All Star teams + Team USA, couple of ABA rosters, etc). I love it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 1:02 am

Update to the UBR now has the 1958 season thrown in to the mix, making it 59 full seasons for this thing(counting the main roster itself). Pretty soon, we'll have every season, ABA and NBA, for this mod. I approve of this.
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:16 am

So, while moving my Pack and Play team over to the new version of the Ultimate Base Roster, I quickly found out how fragile roster files can be.

To put a long story short, when I tried to clone player entries like I normally do so I can put in the players I need for the time, it sent the game into a tailspin, causing one of the teams to glitch out, making the game crash when I go back to the main menu. So, I had to paste them over existing player entries to get the roster to work(just pasted over some dummy players that wouldn't throw anything out of wack). But, everything works now, so we're good. Expect some more game shots tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 8:04 pm

First game back on UBR Pack and Play in a couple weeks results in a somewhat close win over a late 90s Cavs team. 3s by Lebron and Farmar put the game away late.

Picked up Nick Young(career version) as a result of this game. He might be somewhat useful.

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber 11146625_10153182843927745_5693972108265917671_o
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 12:19 am

Bad news with my most recent game in UBR Pack and Play: I lost to the Grizzlies Legends by 7 due to Excellent Releases not mattering apparently.

Good news: I got a decent player out of the randomizer anyway and he's now my backup center.
Back to top Go down
vbooy57
Racing Legend
vbooy57

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 3:01 pm

I forgot about plans to play this mod because right after downloading I started a MyCareer and am currently the Sixth Man on an unfortunately 11-20 Clippers team where Chris Paul no longer knows how to shoot the ball and I sometimes outscore him off the bench. Trying to get the GM to trade away Jamal Crawford for a center so I can start.
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 5:44 pm

Well, UBR just updated again to V34 and this update didn't pose any problems as I moved my Pack and Play team over to a copy of the main UBR roster. Probably gonna play a game tonight. Just not sure which team I'll play against.
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Next game sees us back in the win column, although a little closer than I would've liked. Lebron's clutchness helped late.

Best part: We got Pau Gasol(career edition) from the Legends roster, so we now have a legit star at Center to go with Lebron and Worthy.

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber 11393313_10153196468817745_4212681212575206941_o
Back to top Go down
RedViperGaming
Series Veteran
RedViperGaming

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Doesn't seem Pointless, seems interesting actually.
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:59 pm

It's somewhat pointless to most, hence why I label it the Pointless Project thread. It is quite interesting to me, though, since your team is left up to the randomizer and not up to you.

I do appreciate the interest, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedViperGaming
Series Veteran
RedViperGaming

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:20 pm

No problem!
Back to top Go down
vbooy57
Racing Legend
vbooy57

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:55 pm

I have entered the Clips starting lineup. We started off with a loss to the Mavericks. I have fewer minutes as a starter actually, 28-29 vs. peak of 30 as the Sixth man. Thank you Jrod for reminding me how fun NBA2k can be...but I resent you at the same time because it can be the most frustrating game in the world (particularly when you press the wrong button and your player is locked into a 4 second animation)
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:08 pm

It definitely is fun yet frustrating. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Started a second Pack and Play roster with a different set of parameters for picking the starter pack. Starter pack was filled with mediocrity, apart from Shaq and Zack Randolph. Luckily, I found this roster's version of Andy Toolson(early 3 point sniper that I can abuse somewhat) in the form of Kenny Battle, who 2K put on the bench when I had the game itself redo the rotations. He's a starter now after this performance off the bench.

Since my starter pack gave me 6 additional open player slots, my first free player slot is filled by a 00s version of Damon Stoudamire. Could be worse.

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber 11244480_10153211923057745_852523744288900841_o
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 2:20 am

Got another UBR related project I've started, and this time, it's a Road to Glory type thing, where I take a star player, put him in a team full of bad random players from all the rosters, and gradually build a star studded team with that player.

The player I chose..... was Jackie Moon. Yes. That Jackie Moon. This was game 1 against the Hornets. Considering how terrible my team was(Moon being my only star player), I'm surprised I got this result. Troy Hudson turned out to be my Kenny Battle/Andy Toolson of this "starter pack". The player I got as my reward was an ABA version of..... DOCTOR J. Very Happy

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber Game_110
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber Game_210

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber Game_311

Games 2 and 3 of Jackie Moon's RTG. Picked up two solid players after these games in the form of a 70s John Havlicek(Game 2's reward) and an All Star version of Dave Cowens(Game 3's reward).

This RTG is becoming less about Jackie Moon and more about Troy Hudson and the stars I earned to build around Moon. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber   Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pointless Project Thread, powered by Team JROD and the All New Dodge Caliber
Page 1 of 1