The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 pm by NickSant15

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43278 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_vote_lcapMy Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_voting_barMy Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4132)
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_vote_lcapMy Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_voting_barMy Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers

Go down 
+4
Its Webzic
The Troll Doctor
VincentGiac426
8 posters
AuthorMessage
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers Empty
PostSubject: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:10 am

I've hated them ever since the inception of their careers; I go humph reylly quick whenever they start falking around on the track. It really tends to ware out my mouth saying that they just don't have the key to fair competition, and their sneaky tactics are just not up to par, sons. I give them only a tri-star out of five for effort.
Back to top Go down
The Troll Doctor
On Probation
The Troll Doctor

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:43 pm

my question is why do they exist? the point of racing is to race, not to mosey around the track doing nothing
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:39 pm

The Troll Doctor wrote:
my question is why do they exist? the point of racing is to race, not to mosey around the track doing nothing

While I hate them as much as the next guy, they are doing it for a simple reason: money. If you put a car out on the track, you'll win some money for it. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
https://awnmotorsports.forumotion.com
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Nick399 wrote:
The Troll Doctor wrote:

While I hate them as much as the next guy, they are doing it for a simple reason: money. If you put a car out on the track, you'll win some money for it. Simple as that.

I'm not sure how they can make money. Without sponsorship, the only money they get is the race winnings. Thats about $65,000 for last place. It about $200,000 to enter a cup race (based on what Josh Wise said). Tires, engines, bodies, paying crew members, it all adds up. I don't know how they make money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Eric J Floppyfish wrote:
Nick399 wrote:
The Troll Doctor wrote:

I'm not sure how they can make money. Without sponsorship, the only money they get is the race winnings. Thats about $65,000 for last place. It about $200,000 to enter a cup race (based on what Josh Wise said). Tires, engines, bodies, paying crew members, it all adds up. I don't know how they make money.

Well I know that is why ARCA teams park. I don't know any reason for Cup teams to park other than maybe owner points or something?
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 am

I think you all might have missed the joke of the original post. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tanrar
World Racing Legend
Tanrar

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:31 pm

AmpEnergy426 wrote:

Went back and read it a second time.

I see what you did there.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:09 pm

AmpEnergy426 wrote:

...You clever bastard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:22 pm

I got it the first time, but still took it as a legitimate post. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jakar545
Racing Legend
Jakar545

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Honestly, start and park teams exist for no other reason than to enter the race, qualify for the race (most of the time), and park the car near the beginning of the race they entered.
Back to top Go down
Jesse Pizzajarvi
Admin
Admin
Jesse Pizzajarvi

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Jakar545 wrote:
Honestly, start and park teams exist for no other reason than to enter the race, qualify for the race (most of the time), and park the car near the beginning of the race they entered.

They only exist to get money and repeat the process you listed. In my opinion, if you don't have a legitimate team ready, you shouldn't race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers
Page 1 of 1