The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_vote_lcapChad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_voting_barChad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_vote_lcapChad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_voting_barChad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
World Racing Legend
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech

Location : In a awesome world. Where money is based on chocolate and pancakes!

Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   Empty
PostSubject: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:05 pm

From Jayski:

Knaus told Johnson to wreck car if he won at Talladega: Chad Knaus told driver Jimmie Johnson to intentionally damage the back end of his race car if the #48 team won Sunday's race at Talladega Superspeedway, the crew chief acknowledged Wednesday. Knaus admitted giving the five-time NASCAR champion the pre-race instructions in order to "cover our bases" in case 500 miles of bump-drafting knocked the car beyond NASCAR's strict tolerances. Officials likely would have accepted the damage as an excuse if the # 48 car had not fit NASCAR's templates in post-race inspection. The conversation between Knaus and Johnson occurred when the crew chief leaned inside the #48 car before the race to give Johnson some final words of encouragement. Because Johnson's in-car camera was live on NASCAR.com's RaceBuddy application, the chat was broadcast to anyone watching the feed at the time.
"If we win this race, you have to crack the back of the car," Knaus could be heard telling Johnson on the recording. "Got it?"
"Really?" Johnson replied, sounding surprised.
"Yes," Knaus said. "Got it? You don't have to have to hit it hard, you don't have to destroy it. But you've gotta do a donut and you've gotta hit the back end, or somebody's gotta hit you in the a**-end or something. OK?"
After Johnson responds with apparent silence (he can't be heard saying anything else), Knaus added, "You'll be alright. Can't take any chances."
When asked Wednesday whether the conversation indicated Knaus was trying something fishy on the back of the car, the crew chief replied, "I don't think that's a fair assessment. To be honest with you, here's the deal - racing at Talladega is tough, and I think everybody understands that," Knaus said in a phone interview. "You run 500 miles at 200 miles per hour, and you're bump-drafting and you're beating on one another, and it's real easy for these cars to get outside of tolerance. It's a tight tolerance that we're held in. It doesn't take much to be a few thousands (of an inch) off and have NASCAR raise an eyebrow. Just being proactive, I just told Jimmie, 'Look, man - we've just got to make sure there's a tire mark or some type of visible damage.' Just because cars do move when you race them like that."(SB Nation)(10-26-2011)
Back to top Go down
http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:08 pm

What is this? I don't even...Facepalm....who the f**k would have the odacity to tell the driver to intentionally wreck the damn car when he knows it will be wrecked out anyways?
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Hahahahaha, you're cute, Chad. Brick Wall
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Should be interesting to see the results of this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jrodsly
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX
moppenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Jrod wrote:

You really think NASCAR is gonna penalize Jimmie?
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:34 pm

I am a Stegosaurus wrote:
Jrod wrote:

You really think NASCAR is gonna penalize Jimmie?

Not really, but stranger things have happened.
Back to top Go down
Alta
Series Veteran
Alta

PostSubject: Re: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:29 am

Did someone seriously delete my post. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:03 am

Alta wrote:
Did someone seriously delete my post. Neutral

I went to go quote it and accidently deleted it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega    Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chad told Jimmie to wreck the car if they won Talladega
Page 1 of 1