The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_voting_barSad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_voting_barSad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Sad day for the Racing community

Go down 
+11
Its Webzic
Chives5150
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
Jrod
Jesse Pizzajarvi
Tyson Lautenschlager
Tanrar
VincentGiac426
Block Camphausen
DLeck6211
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad day for the Racing community   Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Nick399 wrote:
I just burst into tears after looking at this:

http://twitter.com/#!/danwheldon

Sad

...I'm simply speechless. This...is one of the most saddening things my eyes have ever laid contact with.
Back to top Go down
Block Camphausen
Racing Legend
Block Camphausen

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for the Racing community   Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Nick399 wrote:
I just burst into tears after looking at this:

http://twitter.com/#!/danwheldon

Sad
Hard to believe, probably not a half an hour later, he was flying into the catchfence. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for the Racing community   Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:03 am

I bet Penske is cringing at what to become of this. It's a crash like this that killed Greg Moore at Cali in 1999 during the CART FedEx finale, and one that severely injured Kenny Brack at Texas in 2003. It's not all that often nowadays to see a fatal racing accident. It doesn't matter if it's NHRA, NASCAR, or this. You just gotta wonder, "How can IndyCar recover from this and what must be done to make these cars safer, yet again?" I mean, clearly the HANS didn't do Dan Wheldon a bit of good to save him. Sorry. As good as that device is, it didn't do diddle to save him. And that's sad for such a prosperous product as IndyCar. I hope IndyCar quickly gets this resolved and does something to not ever let this crash happen again.

A young star's light has been dimmed too soon.

Sad
Rest in Peace
Dan Wheldon
1978-2011
Back to top Go down
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
World Racing Legend
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech

Location : In a awesome world. Where money is based on chocolate and pancakes!

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for the Racing community   Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:13 am

Falcon_88 wrote:
I bet Penske is cringing at what to become of this. It's a crash like this that killed Greg Moore at Cali in 1999 during the CART FedEx finale, and one that severely injured Kenny Brack at Texas in 2003. It's not all that often nowadays to see a fatal racing accident. It doesn't matter if it's NHRA, NASCAR, or this. You just gotta wonder, "How can IndyCar recover from this and what must be done to make these cars safer, yet again?" I mean, clearly the HANS didn't do Dan Wheldon a bit of good to save him. Sorry. As good as that device is, it didn't do diddle to save him. And that's sad for such a prosperous product as IndyCar. I hope IndyCar quickly gets this resolved and does something to not ever let this crash happen again.

Sad
Rest in Peace
Dan Wheldon
1978-2011

The HANS is used to protect driver's from whiplash, not catch fences. And as to what the're gonna do, I'm guessing closed-canopy cars.
Back to top Go down
http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX
moppenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for the Racing community   Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:23 am

Falcon_88 wrote:

Sad
Rest in Peace
Dan Wheldon
1978-2011

Why would Penske be cringing anymore than anyone else who owns a team?

As for the HANS device, you clearly dont know what one is supposed to do if you think it should save you when your head hits a metal fence at 180 mph...

They won't go to closed canopy, the cost is too great at the moment, F1 looked at using jet fighter like canopy's, and they were too expensive...for f1....The new Dalara will have bodywork behind the rear wheels to prevent launching, as well as improver airbox strength.
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for the Racing community   Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:11 am

Do you think the back "head-rest" if you can call it that protects the drivers from flips when they're skidding on the ground do anything to save Dan?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX
moppenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for the Racing community   Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Chives5150 wrote:
Do you think the back "head-rest" if you can call it that protects the drivers from flips when they're skidding on the ground do anything to save Dan?

Well it could have, but the problem is his car hit the fence with the top, and it ripped that head-reast (called an airbox) off the car, leaving his head exposed to hit the fence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for the Racing community   Sad day for the Racing community - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad day for the Racing community
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2