The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 pm by NickSant15

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43278 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_vote_lcapWhat will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_voting_barWhat will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4132)
What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_vote_lcapWhat will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_voting_barWhat will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?

Go down 
+3
Chives5150
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
kensethfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? Empty
PostSubject: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 pm

I did something like this at the end of last year, and since the world didn't end, I'm going to do it again (we might as well pass the time doing something while this site's leagues are still in off season...).

This year, thanks in part to both Facebook and MiniDrivers, I found interest in Formula One as well as NASCAR. I quickly found interest in Kimi Raikkonen, what with his first year back in the series driving for Lotus-Renault. He was easily the funniest guy on track all season after getting lost at Interlagos and assuring his team he knew what to do. Laughing

Mind you, NASCAR, as it always does, had it's share of controversy, excitement and hilarity. Numerous examples being:

-DANICADANICADANICA
-Juan Montoya confuses a jet dryer for a taco stand.
-Junior snaps a 129-race winless streak by beating Brad Keselowski on a foot race to the restroom at Daytona under red flag.
-Keselowski tweeting under red flag. ^_^
-Kenseth winning the Daytona 500 again, and actually racing for it this time!
-Kurt Busch. Nuff said.
-Allmendinger fails a drug test because of one of his stupid friends.
-John Wes Townley makes the shortest Sprint Cup debut on record -- he didn't even make it one lap in practice!
-Bullshit calls by NASCAR in the NW Series' inaugural race at Indy.
-Trucks at Rockingham! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
-Mark Martin kills a cone at Michigan. SAVE-A-CONE DOES NOT APPROVE.
-I still feel terrible about all the hate Jeff Gordon's getting from Phoenix.
-Marcos Ambrose kicks everyone's ass at Watkins Glen.
-Amber Cope being a moron at Loudon in the NW Series.
-HERE WE GO AGAIN ON MY OWN -- BUM BUM, GOING DOWN THE ONLY ROAD I'VE EVER KNOWN.
-Divebombing the leaders on a restart at Martinsville totally works!
-Jimmie Johnson loses! AGAIN!
-Brad Keselowski wins the title, and gets drunk on Miller Lite afterwards.

Other than all this, despite my short attention span for IndyCar and ARCA, I listened to almost all of the Indy 500 while being a thousand miles away from home, including the part where Franchitti dumped Sato on the last lap, and watched everyone wait until the finish to run out of talent during the ARCA Daytona race, resulting in GERHARTWINSLOL.

There are still lots of memorable moments from this racing season that I didn't cover -- post some of your favorites!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
World Racing Legend
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech

Location : In a awesome world. Where money is based on chocolate and pancakes!

PostSubject: Re: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 am

>Mark Martin almost kills self
>More worried about the cone

Fuck your cone.
Back to top Go down
http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:01 pm

That Nationwide Series race at Indianapolis still gives me nightmares, gosh it was so horrible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee
Jakar545
Racing Legend
Jakar545

PostSubject: Re: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Chives5150 wrote:
That Nationwide Series race at Indianapolis still gives me nightmares, gosh it was so horrible.
Why couldn't they just race at IRP?!
Back to top Go down
vbooy57
Racing Legend
vbooy57

PostSubject: Re: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Quite honestly, next to nothing. Brad getting drunk, AJ failing his drug test, and the misadventures of Kurt Busch is really it.
Back to top Go down
Se7en
Racing Phenom
Se7en

PostSubject: Re: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 am

Mr. Dr. Professor Mech wrote:
>Mark Martin almost kills self
>More worried about the cone

Fuck your cone.

cone

Chives5150 wrote:

>IRP not on the schedule
>The only major NASCAR race in my area worth going to

Well, at least I have Eldora now, which is actually just a bit closer than IRP by about 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Jesse Pizzajarvi
Admin
Admin
Jesse Pizzajarvi

PostSubject: Re: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:55 pm

kensethfan wrote:

OK, just fucking stop with this... It's really not funny anymore, nor was it very funny to start with.

But, for some of the stuff I'll remember:

Suffering through most of the oval races
Bringing Eric (Webler) to the Glen with me and watching Edwards win N'Wide, but then witness one of the best race finishes in NASCAR history IMO.
JPM hitting the jet dryer
Me Brad K with his championship and heavy Twitter/Miller Lite usage
Eric McClure's brake failure at Talladega
Danica's wrecking and media saying it wasn't her fault
Xxxtreme, SS Motorsports and America-Israeli failing hysterically
Junior winning at Michigan on fuel mileage
Indycar finale, which was exciting like always
Dario running Takuma into the grass to win the 500
Takuma's bad luck in general
RWR and Key filling up the back of the NNS field
Buescher dominating ARCA and Dale Shearer pulling a Waltrip and wrecking out of the pits
Lightning strike at Pocono (August)
etc.

However, I still don't like the general direction NASCAR is heading. Trying to make the cars look even more like street models and... sponsorship on the roof? Really...? Indycar seems to be gaining popularity, but I feel like the cars they used to run were fine. Don't know why they thought that just taking Las Vegas off the schedule wasn't enough.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

OK, just fucking stop with this... It's really not funny anymore, nor was it very funny to start with..

KAY.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
World Racing Legend
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech

Location : In a awesome world. Where money is based on chocolate and pancakes!

PostSubject: Re: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
Indycar seems to be gaining popularity, but I feel like the cars they used to run were fine. Don't know why they thought that just taking Las Vegas off the schedule wasn't enough.

They're there to keep the cars from getting airborne like that for future races. Plus, I felt it was time for a change.
Back to top Go down
http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?   What will you remember about the 2012 racing season? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What will you remember about the 2012 racing season?
Page 1 of 1