The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Navigation
     Forum Index
     Rules
     AARO

Latest topics
    » The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 pm by NickSant15

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
    Statistics
    We have 113 registered users
    The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43278 messages in 2790 subjects
    Top posters
    7 (7740)
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_vote_lcapMilitary Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_voting_barMilitary Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_vote_rcap 
    Jesse Pizzajarvi (4132)
    Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_vote_lcapMilitary Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_voting_barMilitary Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_vote_rcap 
    DLeck6211 (3618)
    Its Webzic (3206)
    Tanrar (2917)
    VincentGiac426 (2363)
    VerizonGuy12 (1984)
    kensethfan (1905)
    Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
    Jrod (1642)

Military Sponsorships to remain in sports.

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Tanrar
    World Racing Legend
    Tanrar

Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. Empty
    PostSubject: Military Sponsorships to remain in sports.   Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Military sponsorships will be allowed to continue: NASCAR and bass fishing can count on the military to keep the sponsorship money coming. The House voted Wednesday night to continue spending millions for the military to back sports to attract recruits for the all-volunteer force. On a vote of 216-202, the House rejected an amendment by Reps. Jack Kingston, R-Ga., and Betty McCollum, D-Minn., that would have trimmed $72.3 million for sports sponsorships from a $608 billion defense bill for fiscal 2013. The measure had targeted the money the National Guard spends to sponsor Dale Earnhardt Jr., NASCAR's most popular driver, as well as IndyCar Series driver JR Hildebrand. It also would have cut money the Army spends on the National Hot Rod Association drag racing, funds the Marine Corps uses for the Ultimate Fighting Championship and money spent on bass fishing. The House spent most of the day and night debating the far-reaching defense legislation that provides money for war, troops and weapons next year. Yet talk of Earnhardt's #88, bass fishing and NASCAR dominated the discussion. Kingston, a Georgian who says he hails from NASCAR and military country, insisted the sponsorship money was ineffective, attracting few recruits,and made no sense as the Army shrinks from a peak of 570,000 to 490,000 and the Marine Corps drops by 20,000, to 182,000. The end of the Iraq war, the drawdown in Afghanistan and the nation's fiscal woes have reshaped the defense budget, which has nearly doubled in the last 10 years.(Associated Press/ESPN)(7-19-2012)

Hooray, I guess?

At least SHR gets to keep their Army sponsorship.
    Back to top Go down
    Jesse Pizzajarvi
    Admin
    Admin
    Jesse Pizzajarvi

PostSubject: Re: Military Sponsorships to remain in sports.   Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Patrick confirmed for 2nd car still, since Newman will probably become the R&D driver or something.
    Back to top Go down
    Chives5150
    World Racing Legend
    Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Military Sponsorships to remain in sports.   Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:55 pm

I heard somewhere that this decision won't change the U.S. Army decision to not sponsor Newman...?
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee
    Tanrar
    World Racing Legend
    Tanrar

PostSubject: Re: Military Sponsorships to remain in sports.   Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
    Patrick confirmed for 2nd car still, since Newman will probably become the R&D driver or something.
    Newman's probably leaving Stewart-Haas at the end of 2012. Chances are he could wind up going to Andretti's team if Kurt Busch doesn't get retained by Finch.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military Sponsorships to remain in sports.   Military Sponsorships to remain in sports. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military Sponsorships to remain in sports.
    Page 1 of 1