The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 pm by NickSant15

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43278 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_vote_lcapThe Ugly Racecars Thread I_voting_barThe Ugly Racecars Thread I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4132)
The Ugly Racecars Thread I_vote_lcapThe Ugly Racecars Thread I_voting_barThe Ugly Racecars Thread I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

The Ugly Racecars Thread

Go down 
+7
Tanrar
Alessandro Milano Rossini
moppenheimer
VincentGiac426
The Troll Doctor
kensethfan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

The Ugly Racecars Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 pm

I’ve been in that part of the Formula One world again.

Last night, my older brother and some of his friends were talking about ugly cars, which led me to start looking at some ugly Formula One cars. Anyone who was as curious as I was to take a look at some such cars knows about the Tyrell P34, a six wheeled beast that handled just as bad as the Pat Clancy Special from the 1948 Indianapolis 500, yet somehow won the 1976 Swedish Grand Prix with Jody Scheckter at the wheel.

At that, a guy by the name of David Cox was crazy enough to design a car that would’ve had twelve wheels!

The Ugly Racecars Thread Lion_car1-580x333

Thank God this never got to testing. I really want to know what they thought they would’ve accomplished with this car. I also can’t believe how somebody called this brilliant.

And then there’s the beautiful Lotus 49 which was tested with what appears to be airplane wings.

The Ugly Racecars Thread 20090904115539-4011-lotus-rindt

But what about the schemes we have in the world of stock cars? There was a particular car that started this year’s ARCA race at Daytona, which everyone liked but I hated...

The Ugly Racecars Thread Blackburnstevecardaytona121-566x318
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
The Troll Doctor
On Probation
The Troll Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:51 pm

simple, F1 designers are crazy, and the ARCA #94 is FUGLY, right
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:54 pm

The 94 would be fine if not for those crazy numbers.
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 am

If this thread is just going to be a ton of Wayne Peterson & fail ARCA cars pictures, then it will not go well with me.

Let this thread be actual ugly cars, as in, ugly cars in which the team isn't poor as hell and just designed poorly. Actually have debates/discussions on the cars without trying to be funny or something. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://awnmotorsports.forumotion.com
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX
moppenheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:59 am

kensethfan wrote:
Anyone who was as curious as I was to take a look at some such cars knows about the Tyrell P34, a six wheeled beast that handled just as bad as the Pat Clancy Special from the 1948 Indianapolis 500.

Not really accurate...as usual.

There is a reason F1 banned 6 wheel cars shortly after the P34...With proper development, they would've destroyed anything that still had 4 wheels, as evidenced by 5 teams testing 6 wheelers over the next few years.
Back to top Go down
Racing Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:27 am

The Airplane design actually was taken aboard and used by all the Factory-Teams. Privateers continued to use previous designs.
Back to top Go down
Tanrar
World Racing Legend
Tanrar

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:46 am

The Ugly Racecars Thread 07autoair-chevy

Back to top Go down
Racing Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:34 am

The Ugly Racecars Thread 980042
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Alessandro Milano Rossini wrote:
The Ugly Racecars Thread 980042

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jesse Pizzajarvi
Admin
Admin
Jesse Pizzajarvi

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:06 pm

RandomClassic wrote:

I personally don't think this is ugly, but more of a mesh of different colors.

To Nick's statement, why would you be unhappy with Wayne Peterson-esque cars? I thought you hate ARCA because of ThorSport. Plus, do you think we're making fun of them by posting here? It's not like we're "kicking the poor team while it's down", so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Alpineopossum
Race Winner

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:

I personally don't think this is ugly, but more of a mesh of different colors.

To Nick's statement, why would you be unhappy with Wayne Peterson-esque cars? I thought you hate ARCA because of ThorSport. Plus, do you think we're making fun of them by posting here? It's not like we're "kicking the poor team while it's down", so to speak.

No its the fact that they CANT have the good looking cars because they are down on money, so they look bad regardless.
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:49 pm

kensethfan wrote:
I’ve been in that part of the Formula One world again.

Last night, my older brother and some of his friends were talking about ugly cars, which led me to start looking at some ugly Formula One cars. Anyone who was as curious as I was to take a look at some such cars knows about the Tyrell P34, a six wheeled beast that handled just as bad as the Pat Clancy Special from the 1948 Indianapolis 500, yet somehow won the 1976 Swedish Grand Prix with Jody Scheckter at the wheel.

At that, a guy by the name of David Cox was crazy enough to design a car that would’ve had twelve wheels!

Thank God this never got to testing. I really want to know what they thought they would’ve accomplished with this car. I also can’t believe how somebody called this brilliant.

why does this remind me of a soapbox derby car?
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:30 pm

moppenheimer wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Anyone who was as curious as I was to take a look at some such cars knows about the Tyrell P34, a six wheeled beast that handled just as bad as the Pat Clancy Special from the 1948 Indianapolis 500.

There is a reason F1 banned 6 wheel cars shortly after the P34...With proper development, they would've destroyed anything that still had 4 wheels, as evidenced by 5 teams testing 6 wheelers over the next few years.

As usual? Just how dumb do you think I am?

I'm sorry I'm not correct on every little detail I made in that paragraph. Also, I don't think I said anything about why six-wheelers were banned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX
moppenheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:48 pm

kensethfan wrote:
moppenheimer wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

I'm sorry I'm not correct on every little detail I made in that paragraph. Also, I don't think I said anything about why six-wheelers were banned.
The Ugly Racecars Thread Facepa10
Back to top Go down
bungaree
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:42 am

moppenheimer wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
moppenheimer wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

The Ugly Racecars Thread Facepa10

TBH I facepalm at Matt Neal whenever he drives something. He's so stupid, and will wreck you while he's 3 laps down and will wreck his own teammate and himself to attempt to win a race. Anyway back to topic.

kensethfan wrote:

So a solar truck in F1 back in 1948?

That's a solar car.The Ugly Racecars Thread Ned

Last edited by Barton Sandy on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Being dumb)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ugly Racecars Thread   The Ugly Racecars Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ugly Racecars Thread
Page 1 of 1