The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_vote_lcapReport: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_voting_barReport: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_vote_lcapReport: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_voting_barReport: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal

Go down 
+5
DLeck6211
moppenheimer
Will Legge
Chives5150
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal Empty
PostSubject: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Per NASCAR.com

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Two people familiar with Danica Patrick's 2012 plans said she is in the final stages of a deal to run a full-time Nationwide Series schedule with JR Motorsports and limited Sprint Cup Series races with the team owned by two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart. The people spoke to AP on condition of anonymity because the deal won't be finished until she has secured a release from Andretti Autosport.

The talks also include her continuing to run the Indianapolis 500, one person told AP.

JR Motorsports co-owner Dale Earnhardt Jr. said last weekend he wants Patrick to run a full Nationwide schedule with his team. She has driven 19 Nationwide races for his team the past two seasons and has six more scheduled starts this year.

"I would like for her to run full time, and I'm sure she is considering that, and I think she would enjoy it," Earnhardt said at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. "I feel confident that she's content where she is and happy with what we're doing. I think things are looking positive for us to put something together."

Earlier this year, Stewart said he would love to work with Patrick but only in the Sprint Cup Series. He has wanted to expand his two-car Stewart-Haas Racing organization but had no interest in fielding a Nationwide car.

"Anybody that's got a Cup team that would have the availability would jump at the chance to do something with her," Stewart said in May. "You would be crazy not to entertain an offer like that and an opportunity for her to drive a race car for you."

The potential to continue to race the Indianapolis 500 is a new wrinkle, considering JRM co-owner Kelley Earnhardt has said that it would be difficult for Patrick to run that race and compete for the Nationwide championship.

Running the Indy 500 requires drivers to spend most of the month of May at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and NASCAR this year ran three Nationwide races during that span.

Patrick finished third in the 2009 Indy 500, the highest finish for a woman in open-wheel's most prestigious race. She has one career victory in IndyCar and currently is ranked 11th in the series standings. In 109 career starts, she has three poles and 20 top-fives.

Although she's winless in 19 career Nationwide races, she flirted with victory last month at Daytona, leading 13 laps before the last-lap chaos dropped her to a 10th-place finish.

"She's way ahead of the curve," Earnhardt said. "We've had the opportunity to put several drivers in that car, and her performance is right on par with all those drivers. We started out struggling and she had a steep, steep climb to go and she's really come a long way. I'm excited about what the potential is with her going forward."
Back to top Go down
https://awnmotorsports.forumotion.com
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:09 pm

This is going to kill IndyCar...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee
Will Legge
Hall of Famer
Will Legge

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:09 pm

I like that she's getting a full time ride in Nationwide but i dont think she's ready for cup just yet.
Back to top Go down
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX
moppenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:11 pm

No it won't. It will hurt, but not kill it.
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:12 pm

and your 2012 Nationwide Series Champion is Danica Patrick.
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm willing to bet she thinks she's the **** and opts for Cup points. Razz
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:16 pm

Danica will be the only reason to watch the Nationwide Series...for obvious reasons. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Chives5150 wrote:

HA. They survived and thrived for almost 100 years without her, so why couldn't they survive now?
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 pm

pennst24 wrote:
Chives5150 wrote:

HA. They survived and thrived for almost 100 years without her, so why couldn't they survive now?
Their fan-base has dwindled in the last few years, and the attendance has also dropped even when Danica is racing...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 pm

Chives5150 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
Chives5150 wrote:

Their fan-base has dwindled in the last few years, and the attendance has also dropped even when Danica is racing...

Split, re-unification, Champ Car fanboys being utter babies........
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:48 pm

pennst24 wrote:
Chives5150 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
Chives5150 wrote:

Split, re-unification, Champ Car fanboys being utter babies........
Mhhhh, I getcha.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Nick399 wrote:
Two people familiar with Danica Patrick's 2012 plans said she is in the final stages of a deal to run a full-time Nationwide Series schedule with JR Motorsports and limited Sprint Cup Series races with the team owned by two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart.

Because this is much much worse than it sounds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Will Legge
Hall of Famer
Will Legge

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:37 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Nick399 wrote:
Two people familiar with Danica Patrick's 2012 plans said she is in the final stages of a deal to run a full-time Nationwide Series schedule with JR Motorsports and limited Sprint Cup Series races with the team owned by two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart.

Because this is much much worse than it sounds.

How?
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Because Danica should not be in Cup until at least 2013. There are guys like Michael Annett and Justin Lofton and all them, they have more NASCAR and stock car experience than Danica and more skill, yet she gets the limited cup ride? Popularity means way too much these days.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Nick399 wrote:
Because Danica should not be in Cup until at least 2013. There are guys like Michael Annett and Justin Lofton and all them, they have more NASCAR and stock car experience than Danica and more skill, yet she gets the limited cup ride? Popularity means way too much these days.

Danica shouldn't be in the Cup Series period.

Not only that, she practically used IndyCar for her own popularity, like that isn't enough?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Will Legge
Hall of Famer
Will Legge

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:56 pm

I agree she shouldnt be in cup next year but i think she should be in cup at some point. I know she can be good in nascar, she just needs time to gain experience.
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Nick399 wrote:

Danica shouldn't be in the Cup Series period.

Not only that, she practically used IndyCar for her own popularity, like that isn't enough?
that and GoDaddy. I think my stepmom said it best when she said "Danica is making the sport a joke beacause most of her fans are males who drool over her"
Back to top Go down
Will Legge
Hall of Famer
Will Legge

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Am i the only one in the whole world who wants her to succeed...
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Will Legge wrote:
I want to see her succeed too, but she's just to overhyped....
Back to top Go down
Will Legge
Hall of Famer
Will Legge

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:11 pm

NavyCook75 wrote:
Will Legge wrote:
I want to see her succeed too, but she's just to overhyped....
I guess i kinda agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Nick399 wrote:
This. We all know Jr. wouldn't have a Hendrick ride if he wasn't an Earnhardt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Danica's way better than Lofton and Annett. I'm no Danica apologist, but they both suck.
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Annett has been have mid-pack top-20 runs and Lofton hasn't done anything in the Trucks. I predict Danica to have a good season next year in Nationwide, but she's jumped into the deep-in by going into Cup this early.
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:09 pm

I was just using examples. There are plenty others like Justin Allgaier who deserve a cup ride more than Smanica.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
World Racing Legend
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech

Location : In a awesome world. Where money is based on chocolate and pancakes!

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 am

Blake Camphausen wrote:
Nick399 wrote:
This. We all know Jr. wouldn't have a Hendrick ride if he wasn't an Earnhardt.
Jr. wouldn't have a DEI ride if he wasn't an Earnhardt.
Back to top Go down
http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal   Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next