The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Changes to the Chase? I_vote_lcapChanges to the Chase? I_voting_barChanges to the Chase? I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Changes to the Chase? I_vote_lcapChanges to the Chase? I_voting_barChanges to the Chase? I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Changes to the Chase?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Changes to the Chase? Empty
PostSubject: Changes to the Chase?   Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:41 am

Jayski says most likely.
"NASCAR likely will make tweaks to the Chase format for next season, although probably not changes as extensive as initially assumed when chairman Brian France said in July that the governing body was looking at ways to create a Game 7 atmosphere. Officials likely will expand the playoff field from 12 to 15 and reset the points with two or three races remaining to guarantee there is another drama-filled finish such as the one we have going into Sunday's finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. "What's really clear to me is when you put drivers in a position where there's a lot on the line, and they just can't have a good position and they actually have got to go out and win or lead laps or compete high, they do it," France said. "You're seeing that the last several weeks & and I bet that's the case on Sunday. So that tells us that the more we can do, to have incentives -- an incentive basis and decide this championship, that puts it all on the line more often -- that's what we need to be thinking about." France will tell you creating this drama is "exactly what drivers want," even though Clint Bowyer started off Friday's media gatherings by saying, "I don't think they need to change the Chase." France will tell you it's what members of NASCAR's fan council and fans in general want. When it was suggested that there are fans who not only don't want to see changes but would like to see the Chase eliminated, France scoffed. "You met somebody that's telling you that?" he asked. Well, yeah. Hundreds, if not thousands. Just read some of the comments from [ESPN's] readers. "OK," France said. "Well, look, I mentioned to you that every -- almost every league and tournament -- is taking a look at their playoff or format style," France said. "Some will do a little; some will do nothing at all; and some might do something more drastic. And so I don't know what we are going to do, if anything."
France doesn't want to announce any changes that will detract from this race. But change is coming. It could come by the season-ending banquet in Las Vegas. The only change [drivers] seem to want is a rotating schedule for the final 10 races. That is being seriously looked at for 2012 and beyond.(in part from ESPN)
AND Key points from France's 30-minute Meet the Press here Friday:
-- No decision has been made on what tweaks to make to the championship points system.
-- He is planning shorter Saturday Nationwide races, coupled with some cost-cutting rules migrating up from the Truck series, such as using engines more than one race.
-- He likes ESPN's production package and on-air talent, but he is reconsidering the starting times of Sunday races"

What changes would you guys like to see, if any? I like the rotating track thing.
Back to top Go down
Tyson Lautenschlager
Tyson Lautenschlager

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Chase?   Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:44 am

We need a road course in the chase. This is something that'll probably never happen so quite unrealistic...

10 drivers
10 races.
Every chaser starts with the same amount of points and each race one driver is elimanated based on how many points they got in that race. The points reset after each race with everyone having the same amount of points. Leaving the best man and most consistent standing.

Ex.

1. Brad Keselowski #2 - 5125 pts.
2. Denny Hamlin #11 - 5125 pts.
3. Jeff Burton #31 - 5125 pts.
4. David Ragan #6 - 5125 pts.
5. Mark Martin #5 - 5125 pts.
6. Kasey Kahne #83 - 5125 pts.
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 - 5125 pts.
8. Marcos Ambrose #9 - 5125 pts.
9. Carl Edwards #99 - 5125 pts.
10. Kyle Busch #18 - ELIMANATED
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Chase?   Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:02 am

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
We need a road course in the chase. This is something that'll probably never happen so quite unrealistic...

10 drivers
10 races.
Every chaser starts with the same amount of points and each race one driver is elimanated based on how many points they got in that race. The points reset after each race with everyone having the same amount of points. Leaving the best man and most consistent standing.

Ex.

JEFF GORDON ISN'T IN IT! **** YOU!

Anyhow...these changes are a horrible idea. Just proves even more that NASCAR would rather see a plastic, artificial Game-7 showdown than a championship that actually deserves to be won. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jesse Pizzajarvi
Admin
Admin
Jesse Pizzajarvi

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Chase?   Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:06 am

AAROdynamic426 wrote:

10 drivers
10 races.

Ex.

Anyhow...these changes are a horrible idea. Just proves even more that NASCAR would rather see a plastic, artificial Game-7 showdown than a championship that actually deserves to be won. Rolling Eyes

Disastrous move by NASCAR, but it'll help give them unneeded money. Unfortunately, people pay to see good racing. Eliminating a driver each week will do that. Plus, there'd only be 9 races. By the time Homestead comes around, there's only 1 driver left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Chase?   Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:08 am

NASCAR died after 2003.
Back to top Go down
Tyson Lautenschlager
Tyson Lautenschlager

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Chase?   Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:08 am

Casey Lester wrote:
AAROdynamic426 wrote:

10 drivers
10 races.

Ex.

Disastrous move by NASCAR, but it'll help give them unneeded money. Unfortunately, people pay to see good racing. Eliminating a driver each week will do that. Plus, there'd only be 9 races. By the time Homestead comes around, there's only 1 driver left.

However, it would make it interesting. Why do you think I posted UNREALISTIC.
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Chase?   Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:09 am

Josh Mertz wrote:
NASCAR died after 2003.

I wouldn't say it died, but it did get worse. It was getting better before this, though.
Back to top Go down
Jesse Pizzajarvi
Admin
Admin
Jesse Pizzajarvi

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Chase?   Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:10 am

AAROdynamic426 wrote:
Josh Mertz wrote:
NASCAR died after 2003.

I wouldn't say it died, but it did get worse. It was getting better before this, though.

+50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Chase?   Changes to the Chase? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes to the Chase?
Page 1 of 1