The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Ty's Top Ten I_vote_lcapTy's Top Ten I_voting_barTy's Top Ten I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Ty's Top Ten

Go down 
+4
VerizonGuy12
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
DLeck6211
Tylor Thaber
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Starting tomorrow, I'll be doing a video games top ten. Like ScrewAttack! Every so often, I MIGHT review a game. It'll be every Monday around eight. First one is the top ten SADDEST GAMING MOMENTS.
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm bored, so here you go. Warning: MASSIVE SPOILERS. And only from games I've PLAYED. So no Kafei from Majora's Mask, and nothing from Shadow of the Colossus. And no MGS4, nor Mother 3.

Update: I just got Shadow Of The Colossus.

TOP TEN SADDEST GAMING MOMENTS

Number Ten

Your Friend's Death
(Lucky Star: Ryoō Gakuen Otosai)

You play as a girl who, along with a friend, transfers from an all-girl high school to Ryoō to hang out with the main characters. However, she soon turns up dead, and when sightings start, it all goes haywire. It's too cliched to describe. It's only number ten, because she IS revived, but what's this doing in a visual novel based off a cheery TV show!?

Number Nine

The Ending
(Super Paper Mario)

This is a DARK game. Count Blumiere (Count Bleck) and Lady Timpani (Tippi) were lovers, but when Timpani is banished to die, Blumiere is heartbroken. If he can't live in love, no one can live at all. Ouch. That's harsh. To banish the Chaos Heart at the end, Tippi and Bleck learn the power of love alone is needed. They must wed at the cost of DEATH. And so they are. Low because of Merlin's comment after Nastasia wakes up and starts bawling. It's freaking disrespectful!

Number Eight

Crono's Death
(Chrono Trigger)

After being wiped out by Lavos, the party sits unconscious while Zeal laughs her b**** @$$ off. Magus reveals himself, but he goes down. Crono gets up, remembering a child's prophecy, and decides to face Lavos, who promptly fires a beam, WIPING HIM FROM EXISTENCE. He's revived later, but you have just lost your main party member. And Marle's reaction is purely iconic in how out-of-nowhere it was. Marle working to bring him back actually inspired a photo in the DS version of the two getting married. Now THAT'S funny.

Number Seven

Albedo's Change
(Xenosaga Episode II)

Xenosaga's Albedo is freaking crazy. He was born with immortality, so he cuts his limbs off FOR FUN. But why? As a kid, he thought others could regenerate like him, so he violently kicked people's butts. But when he was informed that it's not so, he absolutely loses it. And the result, it's downright depressing. All the thoughts of him living on while his friends eventually die deteriorate his mind and turn him into the nut he is.

Number Six

Your death
(Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2)

This is one of the first sad moments I ever experienced. Because your player is from the future, and history has been changed, they will soon be wiped from existence. Also, your partner doesn't know about it! It's a pretty cheap effect, yes, but the music sums it up. "I Don't Want To Say Goodbye." It is one of my favorite video game tracks. Sure, he's revived later, but, as I stated, it's my opinion.

Number Five

Tor's death
(Iji)

Iji is a fun freeware game with gameplay like Super Metroid. It's addicting. You play as a lady on a desolate Earth, charred by extraterrestrial attacks. You have to convince their leader, Tor, to call off an attack that would destroy what's left. You beat him in battle, and he calls it off. However, he realizes what he's done, and Tor shuts himself down completely. A huge moment, also high up because you were starting to feel sorry for him.

Number Four

Aeris' death
(Final Fantasy VII)

I have two FF games on here. I'm breaking the one per franchise rule JUST THIS ONCE. Aeris' personality isn't much, but she IS one of Final Fantasy's most liked characters. In my opinion, third after Celes from FFVI and Cecil from FFIV. Kinda just a plot device, yeah, but she at least cares about Cloud. However, when she dies, that all changes. While a pretty cheap moment, that music, MY GOD...

Number Three

The Loss Of Agro
(Shadow of the Colossus)

The demon Dormin, sees Wander wants to revive a girl. He makes him a deal. He kills the sixteen Colossus, and Dormin revives her, though at a price. I thought the ending was big, but I think the loss of Wander's horse Agro is much bigger. Wander on Agro is crossing a collapsing bridge HIGH above a river approaching the last one, but it falls too fast. Agro bucks him off only to fall, leaving Wander all alone. When I fought that last one, I literally said THIS IS FOR MY HORSE.

Number Two

E-102's Death
(Sonic Adventure)

E-102 Gamma is appalled at how his friends are treated by Robotnik. He wants to free them. He battles off with Beta and wins, but when he tries to confront Beta, Beta shoots him and explodes. As Gamma contemplates this, his systems start to fail. Eventually, he also blows up. The biggie is that HE IS ONE OF THE MOST LIKEABLE CHARACTERS IN THE 3D SONIC GAMES.

NUMBER ONE

Celes' Suicide Attempt
(Final Fantasy VI)

Celes is extremely likeable. But when Kefka destroys the world, she's stranded on a deserted island with one other person. He becomes sort of a father person to Celes, but grows ill and dies. Disraught, hopeless, saddened, and entrapped by this, Celes goes up to a cliffside and does the unthinkable. You can even see her crying while she falls. That is exactly what I would picture. She wakes up on the beach, notices something belonging to another character, and realizes there may be survivors. This gives her hope again. It's not the music that tells the story this time, it's her likability. She's one of my favorite characters in the series, so I put her at number one.
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 am

Okay, your next is Top Fifteen Best Non-Legendary Pokemon. I'm looking at FULL EVOLUTIONARY LINES. And I know they're awesome, but I'm trying to put as few Dragon-types on the list as I can. And no Pikachu, because he's obviously the best.

Number 15

Kangaskhan. It's a kangaroo-like female-only with a good moveset, and well-rounded stats. Even better, IT FIGHTS ONLY TO PROTECT ITS BABY IN ITS POUCH! But it's low on the list because its pretty hard to find, and it has a pretty low Special Attack.

Number 14

The Larvesta Line. Larvesta is a Pokémon with a unique typing, Bug-Fire, and a great evolution, Volcarona. They both have good movesets, and Volcarona has a signature move, which is UNHEARD OF for non-legendary Gen. V Pokémon. They're EXTREMELY rare. Larvesta you can find in an egg given to you by a guy on Route 18, and Volcarona, its evolution, you can also find one of in the Buried Relic. It's very helpful, but a bit low due to how late Larvesta evolves, level 59!

Number 13

The Riolu Line. I had to put these guys on. Riolu you find only in an egg given to you by Riley, and it evolves to Lucario when leveled up with high happiness. In Unova, you can find wild Riolu in Challenger's Cave. Lucario has a very interesting typing, Fight-Steel, which it only shares with Cobalion. He's great in Brawl, and probably THE best boss battle in Pokémon Ranger 2. It's a bit low due to Riolu's rarity in Sinnoh, but still, these guys just are great. Good move pool, good typing, and A GREAT CHALLENGE IF ITS YOUR OPPONENT.

Number 12

The Mankey Line. Not only are these guys common, but THEY'RE HILARIOUS! The entry in the Sinnoh games says they go APEsh*t *rimshot* if one colony member gets mad. And it evolves at level 28 to Primeape. The move pool, while it's not great, it's pretty good, the stats for a Fighting type are well-rounded, with a surprisingly decent Special Defense. It's only number 12 because the names are easy to figure out. Mankey. Really? But my God, I could listen to Primeape's cry ALL DAY! Speaking of great cries...

Number 11

The Scyther Line. Scyther isn't much in the first Generation. A pretty typical Bug-Flying with great Speed and Attack, and passable Special Defense. In Generation II, it gets an evolution. The Bug-Steel Scizor. I could play Scizor's cry for eternity. Special Defense is swapped for good Defense, making this a great Pokémon if your opponent wants a physical fight. The move pool is pretty good, but it's a bit low because of how Scyther evolves. Trade holding a Metal Coat. Yeeeeah.

Number 10

The Spheal Line. Spheal's family has a surprisingly somewhat rare type combo, Water-Ice. It's the only family that can learn Ice Ball (unless you wanna chain-breed) and also can have Thick Fat, creating an absolutely unheard of 1/8th resistance to Ice. The moveset and stats are pretty good, making this a very well-rounded family. Speaking of Water-Ice...

Number 9

Lapras. Lapras is a friendly plesiosaur-like air-breathing ferry who loves giving rides. Its moveset is absolutely huge, and very diverse. It's pretty rare, however, because it's been hunted like heck. Still, well-rounded stats, and a good move pool, make for a good Pokémon.

Number 8

The Deino Line. The whole family has an interesting combo, Dark-Dragon, and evolves VERY late. Deino becomes Zweilous at level 50, and Zweilous evolves to Hydreigon at level SIXTY FOUR! The move set is extremely diverse, with Hydreigon being able to learn moves of all types except Grass. The stats are good, with Hydreigon being the only pseudo-legendary (The others are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, and Garchomp, and while not evolving too late, I consider Flygon as one) not to have Attack as its best (instead it's Special Attack) and being the only Dragon-type pseudo-legendary (including Flygon) not to have a huge weakness to Ice.

Number 7

The Skorupi Line. Skorupi starts as one of those many Bug-Poison Pokémon. But once he levels up enough, he becomes Drapion. Drapion is Poison-Dark, a set shared only with the Stunky family, and has very well rounded stats. Its move pool is very good, and it can learn the rare Cross Poison. He has one weakness, Ground, and is just incredibly helpful.

Number 6

The Eevee Line. Must I say anything?

Number 5

The Munchlax Line. Munchlax is EXTREMELY rare. It only appears on honey trees in Sinnoh, and even then, there is only a small shot of getting one. However, once you do, you get Mr. Eat Everything. He has the incredibly useful Stockpile in his moveset, along with Swallow and Spit Up. He's also one of the few Pokémon capable of learning Last Resort. And when he evolves via high happiness to Snorlax, oh boy. It takes the stuff that defined Munchlax and amps it up severely. In Unova, you can trade a Cinccino for Munchlax in Undella, but only in the summer. That's October, February, and June. Ever heard of CHANGING YOUR DS' CALENDAR!?

Number 4

The Rhyhorn Family. These Rock-Ground types are not smart, but a little quick for Rock types, and Rhydon gains a new evolution in Gen. IV. RHYPERIOR. You have to trade a Rhydon holding a Protector, but Rhyperior still owns. It can learn LOADS OF MOVES, including the rare Megahorn, and can even have the ability Solid Rock, powering down moves that do super-effective damage on it. The stats are good, and this is just one guy you can't underestimate.

Number 3

The Magikarp Line. Magikarp is pathetically weak, but when it evolves to Gyarados, look out. Gyarados has great Attack and Special Defense, and has a very big moveset. And his type match-up, Water-Flying, is pretty unique. Also, Magikarp's splashing is FREAKING HILARIOUS! I rest my case.

Number 2

The Beldum Line. Beldum you get post-game in Hoenn. I'm not sure where he is in Sinnoh. Yeah, he only knows Take Down, but when he evolves to Metang at level 20, he gets very strong. You can find Metangs as high as LEVEL 65 in Unova's Giant Chasm. That's huge. Metang evolves to Metagross at an early level for a pseudo-legendary, 45, and gets very strong. One of two Steel-Psychic families, along with the Bronzor Line, Metagross' evolutions give you a clue on how good it is. It can know a big diversity of moves, and it has BEAST ATTACK. I freaking destroyed Ingo with him in Pokémon White. But he only gets number 2. Who's number one?

NUMBER ONE

THE RALTS LINE. Remember, it's my opinion. Ralts is a rare Pokémon of the Psychic type that you can find at Route 104 in Hoenn, 205 in Sinnoh (DP), 209 in Sinnoh (Pl), and White Forest in Unova. It's pretty useful in battle, and the feeling reader evolves at level 20 to the dancer, Kirlia. This is when you start to notice its strengths. Special Attack, Speed, Special Defense, and Speed. Kirlia evolves at level 30 to Gardevoir, who can learn many moves, like the rare Ally Switch via TM. The Embrace Pokémon doesn't care about its own well-being. It will create a small black hole using all its energy to protect its Trainer. IT DOESNT CARE IF IT DIES IN THE PROCESS. A male Kirlia, starting in Generation IV, can also be given a Dawn Stone. It becomes Gallade. Gallade will protect its Trainer by extending its arms into blades and fighting fiercely. It gains Fighting in its matchup, and has great Attack and Special Defense, along with good HP and Speed. It can learn the most moves with a high critical-hit ratio than any other, with five. Leaf Blade, Slash, Night Slash, the rare Psycho Cut, and by TM it can also learn Stone Edge. With all these factors, I put the Ralts family as my favorite non-legendary Pokémon.

Honorable Mentions (No particular order):

Miltank
The Gligar Line
The Aron Line
The Feebas Line
The Larvitar Line
The Hoothoot Line
The Growlithe Line
The Cleffa Line
Tropius
The Marowak Line
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:17 pm

what about the Missingno line?
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Navycook75 wrote:
what about the Missingno line?
Win.
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:37 pm

TOP TEN BEST CLICHÉS

Oh yeah. Let's start.

Number 10:

Okay, maybe this is something only I like, but I want to put this here. Semi-silent protagonists. You know, the playable characters that talk a little, never too much? They aren't silent like Red, and they aren't talkative like Travis Touchdown. It's good to see them express how they feel every so often. Two examples are the playable character from PMD2 and Roxas from the Kingdom Hearts series.

Number 9:

I was going to put co-op here, but you would likely RAEG. So this spot goes to The Choir. Oh yeah. When the choir is included in boss battles, it gives you a feel of the situation. A great example would be the last battle from Blue Dragon. It was freaking awesome. Another would be the last boss of Super Mario Galaxy 2. And one more would be the final boss from Parasite Eve, U.B., which is my favorite RPG music track EVER.

Number 8:

The Church Organ. It also gives you a feel on the situation, usually dire. It usually plays at JUST the right moment. Good examples would be Altar of Skorne from Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Luminus or whatever she's called from Megaman X8 (help me out Matt), Cardia Stigma Phase 1 from Trauma Center: New Blood, and the final Bowser battle from Super Mario 64. And it gets more epic when combined with the electric guitar, like it was at Altar of Skorne.

Number 7:

Character naming is something I enjoy. You may ask, WHY NOT CHARACTER CREATION!? Well, outside The Sims, I haven't played too many games where I can make my own character. But I have played some where you can name your own characters. A series synonymous with this is Pokémon. Heck, you can use it to your advantage! (I named Blue "Douche" when I first played LeafGreen. I've since started a new file.) But just hearing them say names you created is very satisfying.

Number 6:

Multiple endings. Ah, yeah. When you can change the ending to a game, it's just great. There's not too many I can think of. Summer Days, which is rare outside Japan, has SO MANY ENDINGS it isn't funny. But it's mostly a visual novel, so it's to be expected. Tales of Symphonia 2 had a few. And you'll be shocked, but I thought this was a decent game. But the game I think of when I hear Multiple Endings is Chrono Trigger. There are 13, and it's all depending on when you beat Lavos. And you can change the the main ending slightly as well. For example, if you complete the Fiona sidequest and see what happened to Lucca's mom Lara, you see her in the ending with prosthetics. However, if you input the code and change it, she and Taban dance under the moonlight.

Number 5:

Pyrokinesis, or the ability to manipulate fire. I'm not so sure why, but being like Blaze, Mario, and many others just is awesome. It's just so satisfying burning things to death. I'm honestly unsure why. If I could have a special ability, I'd take it any day.

Number 4:

A game with Cartoony Cutscenes is one I enjoy. Whether it's Okami, No More Heroes, or Tekken, it's just great seeing them, and it can create some very sad moments. The best example of cartoony cutscenes, no doubt, is Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I musn't say why. Look at a screenshot of the game and see for yourself.

Number 3:

Co-op. Don't rage at me, please. Just hear me out. It's only number three cuz I've only used co-op on two different games. New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Gauntlet Dark Legacy. Not to say it's underused! Having a friend help you out in clearing the field of foes is just great. It also makes the game MUCH easier, and much more enjoyable.

Number 2:

Post-Game. This only refers to certain games. No 2-D platformers because almost all have this. I love when you play a game after beating the last boss. Often, there's a few changes. You can keep getting stronger, and it's good to see what you missed. A good example is Pokémon Platinum, where there is a TON of stuff to do after you beat Cynthia. But this is only number two.

Number 1:

REVIVAL. When your character dies in games, you might expect them to be revived. It's overused, but the moments are classic. It's great the characters react, they almost always have touching music, and sometimes your character is just so strong that you even want them back. I'll list examples. Lucky Star Ryoō Gakuen Otosai, Shadow of the Colossus, PMD2, Okami, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Legend of Zelda 2, Final Fantasy IV...the list goes on. I'm Tylor Thaber, and my favorite game of all time...

Is the DS port of Chrono Trigger.
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:01 am

I'm at home sick today, so I have some time to do a list. And God am I glad my top 50 is finished. Moving on, let's begin. Credits to Tim for the suggestion.

TOP TEN MOST ANNOYING MUSHROOM KINGDOM BADDIES

Green Koopa Paratroopa. They enjoy bouncing along, and don't care if they hit you. They aren't too much in a level with little elevation changes, but if it has a bunch of holes, oh boy. The prime example is 7-6 from NSMB. You're on mushroom platforms, some of which TILT, so you have to jump from platform to platform.

Bob-omb. One of the frequent baddies in the series, Bob-ombs trot along. If you stomp them, they'll explode after a few seconds, possibly blowing up blocks. Some can blow themselves up. Yeah. Real smart. However, these explosions are extremely damaging, and range in size, making them pretty tough to avoid. Prime example is the first airship in NSMBWii. It's really a labyrinth, so you never know when one will appear.

Firebar. It's absolutely indestructible (except in Paper Mario), and it rotates very fast. Tight corridors anyone? Prime example? 4-4 from SMB. You have to take the right path or it loops. AND THERE'S FIREBARS EVERYWHERE.

Boo. Another frequent foe, Boo is a ghost who chases you only when your back is turned. And it's very hard to defeat. It's very pesky, especially in those elevator shafts almost all of the NSMBWii Ghost Houses have.

Podoboo. Usually pretty hard to kill, this fireball, who sometimes has eyes, jumps up from the lava. It has a pattern, but it's kinda tough to memorize, and sometimes there's so many in one area that it's tough to get through without getting hit! This guy, however, is a p***y in Yoshi games and NSMBWii.

Spike Top. This guy climbs on walls, and has a spike, meaning you can't stomp it. AND fireballs don't work because its shell is so hard! It's very difficult to find moves that will work.

Bullet Bill. While it looks very tough, you can easily stomp this heat-resistant foe. But it's on the list because it respawns INFINITELY.

Chain Chomp. A black sphere with eyes and teeth that is just like a guard dog. Heck, it even barks! Based off a childhood experience of Shigeru Miyamoto where a dog tried to attack him, but was jerked back by its chain, Chain Chomp is a tough-to-kill enemy that has great power and defense, but poor range. If you can stay away, it's nothing big. The main way to take it out is to pound its stake a few times.

Thwomp. He slams down if you're nearby. And he's hard to kill. That's really about it for a description. But why are they so g**damn angry!?

LAKITU. Must I explain? While not too difficult to kill, this guy's hard to reach. He sends down an infinite amount of pesky Spinies, who you can't jump on, and he flies EVERYWHERE. He is, without a doubt, the Most Annoying Mushroom Kingdom Baddie.
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Game Review:

After a long decision of what game I should do, I closed my eyes at the N64 section of my game shelf and scrolled across. I stopped on, to my excitement, Conker. (I order them by company name, then alphabetical. E.g. Rare made both Conker and Banjo-Kazooie, so I have Banjo put farther to the left.) I wiped the dust off my N64 (hadn't played it in a few months) and played some Conker.

Graphics: 8

You gotta remember, this is N64. It's FAR outdated by today's graphical standards. So for 1999, the graphics in this game were great. Nice and fluent, with no real issues.

Story: 3

Conker gets drunk and stumbles into f**k-knows-where. Uh, sound exciting?

Characters: 9

Well, the claim-to-fame for this one is the characters. Many people liked The Great Mighty Poo, and while I thought he was an imaginative design, I really enjoyed that gear who had a nice, generous side, and a rude, pipe-smoking, foul-mouthed side. And the furnace with the "balls of steel", can't forget him.

Music: 6

Besides Sloprano, which is rumored to be partially composed by Weird Al, there really isn't too much in this game that's halfway decent. Not much to say here.

Control: 7

A pretty fluent control system, without too many issues. Nothing too complicated, nothing too big.

Gameplay: 7

It's really, gameplay-wise, your average 3D platformer. Really nothing too special here.

Score: 40/60

Despite how old it is, it's a fair game, and I would suggest trying it out.
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:37 am

My thoughts and scores on some RPGs.

Name: Chrono Trigger (The DS port is my fave game ever)
Score: 9.5
Pros: Almost Everything
Cons: Movies (DS only, luckily optional), Slight Lack Of Save Points

Name: Final Fantasy VI
Score: 9
Pros: Character development, Music
Cons: Slight lack of sound effects

Name: Grandia
Score: 8
Pros: Fast gameplay, Great music
Cons: Too easy

Name: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Pros: Humor, Plot
Cons: Too easy

Name: Paper Mario
Pros: Plot
Cons: Lack of good music (REMEMBER, IT IS MY OPINION)

Name: Skies Of Arcadia
Score: 7.5
Pros: Plot
Cons: Fights are too slow

Name: Tales of Symphonia
Pros: Music, Fast gameplay
Cons: Camera

Name: Xenosaga
Score: 8.5
Pros: Music, Voicing, Good RPG system
Cons: TOO MANY CUTSCENES
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Here's a quick bonus. Top five most useless Smash Bros guys.

5. Peach, SSBM, SSBB
Peach has a few good moves, but her final smash sucks. Probably, however, the funniest scene ever from Smash Brothers occurs in the Tea Time atop the Halberd. Moving on, Peach is actually pretty good. But her lack of actual powerful moves makes her a character mainly based on defense. For that final smash, she makes all characters fall asleep so she can attack them. Also, peaches rain down to heal her if gotten. Thing is, if you aren't fast enough, the victims may be able to grab a peach themselves. Now that's just pathetic. So pathetic, I don't feel like putting final smash in capital letters. Finishing up, Peach isn't bad...but she's completely weak when it comes to attack.   
4. Pikachu, SSB
Pikachu is a very nimble little guy. He is cute, electrocutes like hell, and his big range and attack frequency make up for his low power. He can easily overpower even Captain Falcon. But what makes him bad? He is a pretty bad jumper, his B-Up, which I think is Quick Attack, doesn't do anything really, and he gets knocked out WAAAY too freaking easily. And it's so annoying to have to hear it wail when it's knocked into the distance. A little stronger in Melee and Brawl.  
3. Ivysaur, Pokemon Trainer, SSBB
Ivysaur just sucks. It moves very slow, and its attacks are sluggish. If you can hit one, it won't go flying much. In the air, it often is pretty good, but it's just so hard to actually receive that huge oppertunity. Those vines can be pretty good grappling hooks, but it doesn't make up for this extra low attack frequency.   
2. Jigglypuff, SSB and SSBM
...This puffball is just plain weak. It gets knocked out easily, it has weak attacks, and this guy is just plain a fool. In Brawl, it's a little more...powerful. Leave it for the experts.  
1. Pichu, SSBM 
This guy is just like Pikachu, but even worse. Wanna know why? It's faster, but it's weaker, and now, it takes damage when it attacks! What good is a guy who gets a bit of damage from just their own Thundershock? Luckily, when he takes this damage, there is no knockback, nor flinching, but who freaking cares?       
Back to top Go down
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
World Racing Legend
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech

Location : In a awesome world. Where money is based on chocolate and pancakes!

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Do the top 10 characters from SSB.
Back to top Go down
http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Mr. Dr. Professor Mech wrote:

Sure. BTW, this thread is open for suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
World Racing Legend
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Tylor Thaber wrote:

Pit better be in there.
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Tylor Thaber wrote:

Pit better be in there.
*sweats a little*
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:32 am

Ok. Top Ten Smash Bros. Series Fighters.

10. NESS

Ness's psychokinesis attacks can really come in handy, especially PK Thunder. Not only can you steer it, if you crash it into Ness, Ness launches at whatever angle it hit at! It's tough to master as an attack, and even harder as a recovery move, but once you do, he rocks. And reload time is short, so you can repeatedly fire attacks without much of a wait.

Jump: ***
Speed: ***
Power: **

9. BOWSER

Bowser is very strong, and doesn't flinch much. He's hard to knockback as well. However, he has the worst jumping, and second worst speed to Ganondorf. So he's all for power! And his final smash, Giga Bowser, is just plain awesome. It TRIPLES his already awesome strength, he is huge, which comes in handy on small stages, and HE CAN NOT FLINCH!

Jump: *
Speed: *
Power: *****

8. SOLID SNAKE

Not only is he useful, SNAKE IS EFFING AWESOME. Must I say why? His attacks do a good amount of damage (because it's a Nintendo game, his firearms are replaced with explosives, like RC Bombs), they are easy to aim, and he doesn't flinch much. Also, HE IS EFFING AWESOME.

Jump: **
Power: ***

7. KIRBY

I mustn't say why.

Jump: ** (Can float)
Power: Varies

6. LUCARIO

Lucario's a pretty simple pick-up-and-play sort of character, with well-rounded stats. However, here's the thing that makes him unique. More damage he has, more damage he does! And the Aura Storm Final Smash...

Power: Varies

5. SONIC

His regular attacks aren't too powerful, but they hit fast. Sonic's jumping skills are pretty decent, and don't get me started on what the blue hedgehog is known for.

Speed: *****

4. Samus Aran

Samus is a classic fighter. She's simple to control, and her beam attack can be charged up even more for more damage. Also, SHE IS HOT AS HELL! Well-rounded, and a great character for n00bs.

3. CAPTAIN FALCON

FALCON PAUNCH! This guy is the most powerful fighter in the first installment, and while he walks pretty slow, he runs fast. His jumping isn't great, but he makes up for it with high stability, so he doesn't get knocked back too much.

Speed: **
Power: *****

2. LINK

A great fighter with very low reload time, Link has a variety of fantastic attacks, especially his Final Smash and Side A. He's powerful, but not the best jumper, his speed is decent though. And as I stated, he has very low reload time. In fact, it's second to Toon Link.

Power: ****

1. PIT

Must I get started? His reload time is third best to the Links, he has the best jump recovery, he has decent power, and great speed. And that Final Smash is awe-inspiring.

Jump: *** (Floats)
Speed: ****
Back to top Go down
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech
World Racing Legend
Mr. Dr. Professor Mech

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Dude, knock everybody back a spot and put Meta Knight at number 1. He is so beast!
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Dude, knock everybody back a spot and put Meta Knight at number 1. He is so beast!
So I have heard. However, I have not played as him that much, so I haven't had time to look at his strengths and weaknesses. I will likely make another list, possibly when the fourth installment comes out.

Okay, next up is Top Fifteen BEST Final Battles.
Back to top Go down
VerizonGuy12
World Racing Legend
VerizonGuy12

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Top 10 Best Eurovison Song Contest moments.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Michael29Shell
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:52 pm

VerizonGuy12 wrote:
Top 10 Best Eurovison Song Contest moments.
Not much of a music fan. Also, I only do video games, but I'm planning to OCCASIONALLY do movies. Like my next one.
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:55 am

Top Ten Movie Games

I'm in WAY too much pain after getting my toe worked on, so I'm not going to add any descriptions right now. I will later.

Update: 15:52 9/30 Descriptions are up.

10. Lion King 1 1/2 (GBA)

A little game I happen to own. The gameplay is a nice sidescroller that's easy to pick up and play. You switch between Timon and Pumbaa repeatedly, completing tasks seen in the movie. I enjoyed the movie when I was little. But now, no thanks. The original is still good.

9. Madagascar (PS2)

I rented this game for two weeks, and got through it. It's a pretty decent 3D game with responsive controls and the ability to play as the four main characters plus the penguin leader. The music sucks, but it's at least a fair game.

8. Toy Story 2 (PS1)

Another decent one, this one on the PS1. You control Buzz on his quest to save Woody. You go through some key sections from the movie, like the Toy Barn, hotel, airport, and even fight Zurg in the shaft. The main thing I liked was the music, especially the fight against Zurg and level 13.

7. Batman (NES)

An old albeit pretty decent movie game on the NES. The music is great, and the graphics are absolutely incredible for 8-bit. You get a bat punch and a few other weapons, plus a wall jump. This game is relentlessly difficult, and if you beat the Joker, you deserve a medal. I have played this online. There was a site that let you play NES games. What was it called...?

6. South Park (PC, N64, PS1)

South Park is a clever show. When the movie arrived, it took hilarity to a new level. The game arrived shortly afterwards. I have the N64 version BTW. It was fantastic. All you do is complete your objectives in a slight GTA style. You can play as the four main characters, which really rocks. The control is good, the music rocks, especially the main theme, and it is just a load of fun.

5. Transformers: Rise of the Fallen (360)

I have never played this game. But from what I understand, it's very good. The music is great, the control is fluent, and the gameplay follows the movie's key scenes in an epic manner.

4. Terminator (Sega CD)

This is a Contra-like game I have played via emulator. It's very good, has a great theme remix plus good stock music, and follows the movie pretty well. Controls are a little off, though.

3. Super Empire Strikes Back (N64)

The Star Wars N64 Trilogy is fantastic. I give this one the honor of being the best if the three. It takes place between Empire Strikes Back and the next movie (not a Star Wars fan at all) and was absolutely awe-inspiring at the time, especially when you're tying up the Walkers. Music and control rock, and the plot's pretty good.

2. Batman: Arkham Asylum (360)

I had to break the one-per-franchise rule for this game, which I have only rented. It is utterly fantastic. The music is incredible, the plot and gameplay rock, and the control is great as well. But it is only number two.

1. Goldeneye (N64, Wii)

I mustn't say why.
Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:46 pm

This took a bit to think up.

Top Ten Mario Kart Tracks

10. Donkey Kong Country (3DS)

I made up its name because there is none yet. A nice and swervy course with Tiki Goons running everywhere. It's simple, fun due to the different paths, and creative.

9. Rainbow Road (All)

Usually the hardest, and always the last, Rainbow Road is lots of fun. It usually has very few walls, so you're screwed if the steering locks. It's also banked, making for some intense stuff.

8. Grumble Volcano (Wii)

This course not only has Podoboos and fire raining down, it has a major glitch and pieces crumbling away as the race progresses! The winner is the one who stays on track.

7. Baby Park (GCN, DS)

A track that only takes 10 seconds to lap if you're spot-on. You race SEVEN laps (five in DS) around the paperclip course. Action is intense here.

6. Castle Wall (AGP1, AGP2)

A simple Bowser Castle-like track with not many obstacles, lots of items, and 4 laps. This makes passing simple and effective.

5. Waluigi Pinball (DS)

A pretty lengthly course with lots of negative banking, a huge jump over a hole, pinballs, bouncers, and flippers. Also, A CANNON! I WANTED Airship Fortress on, but one track per game!

4. Yoshi Valley (N64)

So many paths here. There's porcupines and a Yoshi Egg approaching the last turns. Also, there's so many different paths the game can't track who's running where until they finish!

3. Vanilla Lake 1 and 2 (SNES)

A self-explanatory little pair of tracks with cracks you can jump over, little blocks, and a HUGE lake in the track center! And it's FREEZING COLD.

2. Sky Garden (GBA, DS)

A track with lots of shortcuts, a few jumps, and ALMOST NO BARRIERS. It's just awesome.

1. Bowser Castle (All)

Thwomps. Firebars. Lava. God, can it get any crazier!? Also, sharp turns are synonymous with Bowser Castle.
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:47 pm

I liked the Delfino Square track for Mario Kart Wii.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 pm

SKY GARDEN! BABY PARK!

RAINBOW ROAD? The ****'s wrong with you? Razz

Back to top Go down
Tylor Thaber
Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:35 pm

This took forever. It was originally going to be 15, but since there was no review Monday, I give you the Top Eighteen Final Battles.

I had a difficult time deciding on the bottom of the list. So I gave this one to Cardia Stigma from Trauma Center New Blood. A two phase battle...you start by coating some membrane in antibiotic gel and removing it. You dodge Stigma during this phase, and when the membrane is gone, you shoot it with the laser. Then it hatches. You incinerate its brains out while clearing its blood spots and spiked bacteria. Oh yeah. The music in phase two? FANTASTIC.

The fight with U.B. from Parasite Eve was built up quite well. You've seen the Ultimate Being several times before in the game. A great fight to be sure, with very good music. I haven't played Parasite Eve since 2007, so I don't remember that much. But still, a good battle, and a challenging one.

Lavos from Chrono Trigger is a good challenge. You fight him first as he takes on the forms of all the game's main bosses, capping at Giga Gaia. Then phase 2 starts. It's very simple. Just hit Lavos repeatedly. You only have to do these once, because when phase 2 ends, you enter Lavos. There you find a time gate and save point. If you return to the End of Time and then return, you don't have to fight phase 1 and 2 again. You can also use the Epoch. You skip one and two, but there's no save point nor time gate. Phase three, you destroy the core's hands then attack the main thing. I suggest using Luminaire. Then it splits in three. Begin phase 4. The one on the left you can only hit physically, but he has very low HP. The middle is the biggest of the three. He's also the strongest. The right one is the one you must destroy. Take out the other 2 and attack the right one when it lowers its defense with Resurrect. A long fight, with several ways of engaging it, and a rewarding one.

Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts 2. The fight has great music, great gameplay with a Roxas-only part, and the most awe-inspiring final attack I've ever seen. Eventually, Xemnas goes down when Roxas and his true love lock hands and fire a combo blast from the keyblade. DRAT! I'VE BEEN BEATEN BY THE POWER OF LOVE...

Ah, yes. Chaos from Sonic Adventure starts off as a bi-pedal...thing, and grows as the Chaos Emeralds are gathered. When all seven are gathered, he becomes absolutely huge. You fight the fish-like creature as Super Sonic, and charge through the streets towards him. But he has plenty of counterattacks. A great built-up, though.

Okay, before you Ocarina Of Time fans raeg at me for putting Ganon at just number 13, hear me out. Many people who had this game when they were youing had an emotional connection to it. I got it when I was ten, in 2008, so I didn't have that connection. Still, it's a great fight. Great build-up, good music, a daunting opponent, and Zelda screams at a nice touch. But I think the programmers should have kept the original idea to climb a much larger Ganon. They said you wouldn't be able to see much of him. I STILL COULDN'T IN THE DARK!

I know what you thought when you first faced Baby Bowser from Yoshis Island. You thought he was horribly weak. But when Kamek releases a growth spell...oh boy. He's freaking huge. The music is daunting, you shoot eggs INTO the screen, not across, and he keeps getting closer and closer. One thing to say. RUN! IT'S GODZILLA!

I f**king hate Blue from the Pokémon Kanto games. He always chooses the Pokémon better than yours, becomes champ under your nose, and always splurts the most annoying one-liner ever. SMELL YA LATER! FUUUU-! This one of the first big showdowns. You finally get to show that grandpa's boy who's boss!

Number 10 comes from Okami. The brawl between the sun god Amaterasu and Yami, the emperor of eternal darkness, is just huge. Yami starts by stealing your powers. You slowly beat him down and get 'em back. After four long forms, it appears that the fight has ended. But Yami shows his true form, banishes the brush gods, and leaves Amaterasu for dead. However, she gets her power back, and you finally destroy him by revealing his weakness. Sunlight. One last thing. The music in the fifth phase is just fantastic. Oh yeah, Yami is one of the few machines in the game. Is the game trying to tell us that technology is the root of all evil?

Kefka from Final Fantasy VI is insane. He has a sick desire for destruction, and when he becomes the god of magic, he decides to destroy the world to show his strength. Dancing Mad tells his story. It shows his sick desire for destruction, his insane mind, and his power, order reversed. After three forms, it sounds kinda somber, and Kefka is about to face the destruction he so brought upon the world. He doesn't even make a death speech.

Henry from No More Heroes, well, you see a lot throughout the game. You battle him at the end. He has weak attacks, but he's quick, has good combos, and has an awesome insta-death move. Also, the cutscene after is just hilarious.

Bowser from Super Mario 64 is huge. You fought him earlier, actually twice. This time, he withstands TWO bomb hits. On the third, he goes down. But he has loads of attacks. A jumping attack that makes shock waves, fire, a fire storm, with green homing flames, and a charge. The platform becomes a STAR SHAPE at after 2 hits. Also, a bit of the platform comes off when you miss the bomb. Great build-up for sure. Don't get me started on the music.

Heavy Metal from Henry Hatsworth is an excellent opponent. A nice build-up, and a great challenge. Nothing too special. But the music...oh boy.

Mother Brain from Super Metroid appeared pathetically weak, yes? Looked just like her in the original. But then she becomes a dino-like creature, her eye opens very wide, she starts to emit noises and even drool, and the music even says YOU'RE SCREWED. After a huge attack deals you mega damage, you get help from a Hatchling, who attacks her and heals you. Mother Brain destroys it, but its dying gift is the Hyper Beam. Mother Brain, say your prayers.

Tabuu from Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn't that much of a challenge. He turned ya into trophies, yes, but unless you are playing intense, he's kinda easy. Still, the music rocks, the build-up owns, and he has SO MANY ATTACKS.

Malus from Shadow of the Colossus. Must I say anything?

Unsure why I like this so much. Maybe the build-up. Terrormisu from Wario: Master of Disguise is someone I found a lot of fun to fight for some reason. A good build-up, and great music. Actually, the build-up is FANTASTIC.

Breaking my play-before-put rule here. Liquid Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid 4 is just awesome. You fight in retro manners, and even have retro health bars. He starts fighting like Liquid Snake from the first game, then Liquid Ocelot from the second, then Major Ocelot from the third. Then it gets to the last nail-biting round. You must punch him before he punches you. Every punch is very cinematic. Heck, even more is that it's the last in the main series! I'm Tylor Thaber, and I think MSG4 is a "hit".
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ty's Top Ten Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty's Top Ten   Ty's Top Ten I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ty's Top Ten
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AARO Racing Forum :: Welcome To The AARO Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: