The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Sound and Wind "Update" I_vote_lcapSound and Wind "Update" I_voting_barSound and Wind "Update" I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Sound and Wind "Update" I_vote_lcapSound and Wind "Update" I_voting_barSound and Wind "Update" I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Sound and Wind "Update"

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sound and Wind "Update" Empty
PostSubject: Sound and Wind "Update"   Sound and Wind "Update" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:24 pm

Sofa747 at The Mod Squad wrote:
The best one is WIND.

Go to your app.ini and find the line under [sounds] that says "enablewind = 0" change the 0 to a 1 and go to any high speed track and listen to the draft. Sounds awesome at Talledega. Especially in the stationairy cams on the fence when the pack goes by you can hear the wind off of every car.

Next is focuscarsoundpriority = 1.000000 line just below the wind line...change the 1.0 to a 0.80. Now you'll hear a smoother melody of your car and the cars around you.

Next find the line at the top of the sunds section that says backfirefocusonly = 1......change the 1 to a 0 and you'll now hear backfires from not only your car but the cars around you aswell. Also change the line backfireminvolume = 0.050, change the value to 0.030 so that the other cars backfires aren't so loud all the time.

Your [sounds] section of your app.ini should now look like this:

[Sounds]
backfireFocusOnly=0 ; If true, does backfire sound for focus car only
backfireMaxVolume=0.080000 ; max volume or backfires
backfireMin=0.300000 ; 0 to 1, min power necessary for backfire sound to play
backfireMinVolume=0.030000 ; min volume or backfires
backfirePreemptRatio=1.010000 ; ratio of new backfire to current, necessary for new to preempt current
enableReverb=1 ; 0 or 1
enableWind=1 ; 0 or 1
focusCarSoundPriority=0.800000 ; 0 to n (1 is normal max) bias for playing focus car sounds

Now close and save the app.ini and open the core.ini file. Agian look for the [sound] section.

First thing is to even them out a little.....find the enable_3d_enterpolation = 0 line and change the 0 to a 1

Next find the convert_3d_stero = 0 line and change it to a 1, again evens out the sound playback.

Next find the allow_buffer_recreation and make sure it's = 1

Now find the force_min_readahead = 0.000 and change it to = 3.0000, this helps reduce static.

last find the force_default_buffer_size = 0 and set it to 3, again, helps with static.

Your [sound] section of your core.ini should now look like this:

[Sound]
allow_buffer_recreation=1 ; re-create sound buffers to improve quality
convert_3d_stereo=1 ; convert stereo to mono for positional sounds in 3d mode
enable_3d_interpolation=1 ; enable volume interpolation for 3d sound
force_default_buffer_size=3 ; Set forced buffer size in 1/36 second units. Define a value of 3 or larger
force_min_readahead=3.000000 ; Set forced read ahead, expressed in 1/36 second ticks.
interpolationValue=0
Back to top Go down

Sound and Wind "Update"
Page 1 of 1