The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_vote_lcapPontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_voting_barPontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_vote_lcapPontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_voting_barPontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement Empty
PostSubject: Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement   Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:42 am

(OOC: This plays quite fast and loose with the company's late history)

Pontiac, the manufacturer that last saw AARO competition in the second Amp Energy Racing Series season of 2009, will return unofficially next season in an unconventional turn of events that began years ago.

In late 2008, Pontiac released the much-anticipated redux of its Trans Am model, essentially a Chevy Camaro (the fifth generation of which had been released at the same time) with reworked cosmetics and a Pontiac engine. As the company had ended manufacturer support in racing for some time, and with some teams still eager to run the rather outdated 2003-styled Grand Prix model, a return to racing was thrown around. Soon enough, plans were developed for a stock-car concept of the vehicle, an engine was developed, and the body for one test prototype was built in 2009.

However, in 2010, sales of the street model, high as they were, were not enough to keep the now-struggling manufacturer afloat. When Pontiac began to shutter its doors in 2011, and with the stock-car body sitting useless in a test room, the management decided it didn't want the work to go to waste.

Enter XV Racing Builders, the successful North Carolina-based company known for their support of the local racing scene with many car-body options. Approached by Pontiac a month later, and after setting up the engine shop, they agreed to a five-year lease to produce Trans Am stock car bodies and engines over time as demand deemed necessary, with XV gaining 40% royalties if the car were to make it into a series that got significant screen time. When Pontiac closed for good late in the year, XV took full responsibilities.

The announcement came just today through General Motors, in partnership with XV, that the car would race in AERS competition this year. With an engine that has been refined a tad from its former incarnation by GM engineers to meet the standards of today's competition, the Trans Am has already been confirmed for use by one team - Greg Sauer Racing - and with Cadillac's future with the series in doubt, fans could be seeing a few more double grilles out on the track soon enough.

Pontiac gathered 54 wins, most notably the 2001 and 2006 Livonia 250s, and two titles with Sam Davids (in 2002 and 2006), in AERS competition from its inception until 2010 - when AARO's three-year rule for using unsupported vehicles ran out (support had been dropped for the Grand Prix after 2006).
Back to top Go down

Pontiac Returns To AARO Through XV Agreement
Page 1 of 1