The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43279 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
beacause I'm bored.... I_vote_lcapbeacause I'm bored.... I_voting_barbeacause I'm bored.... I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4133)
beacause I'm bored.... I_vote_lcapbeacause I'm bored.... I_voting_barbeacause I'm bored.... I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

beacause I'm bored....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

beacause I'm bored.... Empty
PostSubject: beacause I'm bored....   beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:25 pm

remember back when you used to play with Die cast racecars and you had races with them? I did, I made it a League, it was called the North American Racing Association. it had 33 cars, tracks ranged from Daytona, Bristol, Talledega to Fictional tracks that I used in my bedroom, kitchen floor, and even my living room.

Like I said, there were 33 cars, most ranged from 1996 Cup/Busch series cars to 2002 Cup/Busch cars to a few Matchbox and Hotwheels cars. For Superspeedways I had them in packs, Short tracks and speedways I had them more spread out, single file or side by side (though it would of been a total pain doing it constantly, so I only did it only a few times during the race Razz. For road courses though, I had them spread out, in different parts of the track.

The tracks, like I said, ranged from real tracks to fictional tracks. The race track I had on my Kitchen Floor was a 2 mile Road course in Calgary, The Road course in my bedroom was a 1.5 mile Road course in Seattle, the Road course in my Living room was a 3 mile track that in my league was made in 2006, it was in Mayville, Ny (my old hometown). I had a 2.3 mile superspeedway in Mississippi, a .8 mile short track in Wesley Chapel, FL (the first place I moved to in Florida), and a 2.5 mile Brickyard knockoff in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. when I started the series in 2004, all I had was my room in my first house, that became a 2.2 mile roadcouse in Little Rock Arkansas.

Most of the drivers were people I knew fron school, or I made up. The 2 most notable drivers in the League was Daniel Leckliter (me), and Dan Clezl (in this league, was 44 years old.). when I started my league in 2004 I ran a limited schedule in the #47 Sunoco car (that Jeff Fuller ran in the Busch Series in 1996). I got into the big one in Daytona, won Talledega on my second start, and won the Daytona July race. The most Notable season for me was 2006, Dan Clezl never won the Daytona opener in his 18 years of trying (Earnhardt much?), he won it with myself in second. then in the second race of the season in Seattle, I beat Dan by a bumper to win.

I didn't care what the hell happened, it was fun, me, 33 die cast cars and a imagination, couldn't get better than that. then I ran into the TM Master cup series on youtube, got hooked. which is why once I get NR2003 (which might be soon) I'm going to restart my league, make it better than what I had 5+ years ago. but only time will tell....
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

PostSubject: Re: beacause I'm bored....   beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:35 pm

I used to do the same thing starting when I was around 7, except it was real NASCAR drivers...basically another series for the Cuppies. The premier race, because of my immature 7-year-old lack of originality, was the Daytona 600. With a 6.

I think I remember all the champions...

2001: Jeff Gordon
2002: Me driving Joe Nemechek's #42 car
2003: One of my teammates, I think it was a friend of mine...drove the #46 First Union car.
2004: Kasey Kahne
2005: Jeff Gordon
2006: Jimmie Johnson

It kinda died out after that due to me not having time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: beacause I'm bored....   beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:46 pm

I never did a full scale league,But I did run the races. Never a league. On a related note. I got nr2003 as a birthday gift one year and started a league called "The Performance Racing League Offline Cup Series" (Wait,WUT?) It ran drivers such as me and my friends,to NASCAR legends,To TV characters,to sports stars. It ran 2 seasons.

Season 1 champion:Mickey Mouse
Season 2 champion:Richard Petty
Real original right?

Then I canned that idea because it was stupid and started a fail league called the Crash Car Cup Series,It never made it past race 4.

Then in want of a serious league I went to EFR and tried to start the BDC Cup Series. It failed do to my computer failing.

Then,Around November last year I got an idea for a realistic offline league,That had fixed all the flaws of its predecessors, The name, Not very original was The American Speed Challenge. After realizing all the great international tracks I was leaving out, I changed the name to ISC,The International Speed Challenge. I am now in the middle of my first ever ISC season. Some of you from here are even involved in it. And Dan,I hope to join your league once it gets started!
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: beacause I'm bored....   beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 pm

I collect die-cast cars a little bit. Mainly the 1:64s.

I discovered the technique of stop motion just before I became part of the sim-racing community. I planned a race called the "IROC 500" which would have had a bunch of NASCAR's best current drivers in honor of NASCAR celebrating 60 years, and I'd do a stop motion highlight reel. My father would help me build the track out of wood. I bought all these old diecast cars that would make a run around before the race has started. I had a lot of them, I'll go ahead and name some of the cars we had:

Jimmie Johnson, 2007
Tony Stewart, 2005
Kurt Busch, 2004
Matt Kenseth, 2003
Tony Stewart, 2002
Bobby Labonte, 2000
Dale Jarrett, 1999 (My younger brother owns this car, I asked him if I could use it for the project)
Jeff Gordon, 1998
Dale Earnhardt, 1994
Alan Kulwicki, 1992
Dale Earnhardt, 1987
Bobby Allison, 1983
Darrell Waltrip, 1981
Dale Earnhardt, 1980
Cale Yarborough, 1978
Richard Petty, 1975
Richard Petty, 1972
Bobby Isaac, 1970
David Pearson, 1969
David Pearson, 1966
Ned Jarrett, 1965
Tim Flock, 1952

The dream died off, and I never got around to doing that project. I did, however, manage to make one NASCAR stop motion race video, here it is.

After that died off, me, a friend of mine and my other little brother used to do tournament drag races at this ramp we had, and we'd fielded all these different diecast cars that we owned as our teams. I had a camera, so when I could, I'd filmed videos off the races we had. There was this one time that my friend started losing, so he was starting to get willing to stop where we'd left off. I convinced him to do one more tournament, and what a surprise, he won the tournament with Ryan Newman. I'd told him that he'd won, he paused for a second to take that in, and then exclaimed "I'm happy!", which I found funny. I was filming at the time that happened, I don't know if I still have the footage.

Then I discovered NR2003 and the TM Master Cup Series. And here I am before you right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: beacause I'm bored....   beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 pm

kensethfan wrote:
I collect die-cast cars a little bit. Mainly the 1:64s.

I discovered the technique of stop motion just before I became part of the sim-racing community. I planned a race called the "IROC 500" which would have had a bunch of NASCAR's best current drivers in honor of NASCAR celebrating 60 years, and I'd do a stop motion highlight reel. My father would help me build the track out of wood. I bought all these old diecast cars that would make a run around before the race has started. I had a lot of them, I'll go ahead and name some of the cars we had:

Jimmie Johnson, 2007
Tony Stewart, 2005
Kurt Busch, 2004
Matt Kenseth, 2003
Tony Stewart, 2002
Bobby Labonte, 2000
Dale Jarrett, 1999 (My younger brother owns this car, I asked him if I could use it for the project)
Jeff Gordon, 1998
Dale Earnhardt, 1994
Alan Kulwicki, 1992
Dale Earnhardt, 1987
Bobby Allison, 1983
Darrell Waltrip, 1981
Dale Earnhardt, 1980
Cale Yarborough, 1978
Richard Petty, 1975
Richard Petty, 1972
Bobby Isaac, 1970
David Pearson, 1969
David Pearson, 1966
Ned Jarrett, 1965
Tim Flock, 1952

The dream died off, and I never got around to doing that project. I did, however, manage to make one NASCAR stop motion race video, here it is.

After that died off, me, a friend of mine and my other little brother used to do tournament drag races at this ramp we had, and we'd fielded all these different diecast cars that we owned as our teams. I had a camera, so when I could, I'd filmed videos off the races we had. There was this one time that my friend started losing, so he was starting to get willing to stop where we'd left off. I convinced him to do one more tournament, and what a surprise, he won the tournament with Ryan Newman. I'd told him that he'd won, he paused for a second to take that in, and then exclaimed "I'm happy!", which I found funny. I was filming at the time that happened, I don't know if I still have the footage.
speaking of Drag races, I did those too, but mainly for Seattle Speedweeks, which consisted of, a 24 hour race (obvoisly I didn't do, mentioning purposes only), a Drag race, a figure 8 race, and a Short track race.
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: beacause I'm bored....   beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:35 pm

I'm actually putting thought into the league, I need the game first though......

here's what I came up with so far:

my league will be what the Goody's Dash series was
might be in the AARO universe
part of the schedule
USA Speedway
Daytona
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez (the track the Nationwide series raced on)
a couple canadian races

unlike other series that will only race one track during a season, I'm planning 3 races will be on the schedule twice
Daytona is one of them

more to come
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beacause I'm bored....   beacause I'm bored.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

beacause I'm bored....
Page 1 of 1