The AARO Racing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 pm by NickSant15

» AARO Timeline (2018-Present)
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 am by 7

» AARO FaceSpace Thread
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2019 AARO Marathon Regional Tour Schedule (tentative)
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» Free Agency Thread (2018 Silly Season underway!)
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 pm by NickSant15

» 2018 AARO Priority Selection
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 20 - Livonia (Amp Energy Finale 200)
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AMP Energy Finale 200 Pre-Race Thread
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 13 - Livonia (Trinity 150)
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 16 - Livonia (Marathon Finale 100)
First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:30 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 277 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is martinbrown234

Our users have posted a total of 43278 messages in 2790 subjects
Top posters
7 (7740)
First car you ever painted?  I_vote_lcapFirst car you ever painted?  I_voting_barFirst car you ever painted?  I_vote_rcap 
Jesse Pizzajarvi (4132)
First car you ever painted?  I_vote_lcapFirst car you ever painted?  I_voting_barFirst car you ever painted?  I_vote_rcap 
DLeck6211 (3618)
Its Webzic (3206)
Tanrar (2917)
VincentGiac426 (2363)
VerizonGuy12 (1984)
kensethfan (1905)
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
Jrod (1642)

First car you ever painted?

Go down 
+10
ThePudgeBomber
DLeck6211
Its Webzic
VerizonGuy12
Jrod
Tyson Lautenschlager
Tanrar
kensethfan
VincentGiac426
14 posters
AuthorMessage
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
VincentGiac426

First car you ever painted?  Empty
PostSubject: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Some people were discussing this over at the Scawles Racing thread and I figured it deserved its own topic.

Mine was a #5 Gamestop car that used...I think it was a recolored David Ragan Discount Tire base with numbers in the Impact font. The second was a #3 M&Ms one, and I made the base myself using pictures of real M&Ms. It came out surprisingly well, and I wish I'd saved it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Mine was a Rock Band Monte Carlo for NR2002. I used the Brian Vickers 05 base, Red Bull numbers..I remember I couldn't get the background off the RB logo on the QP's so I just had this blocky Rock Band logo on my quarter panels. Long gone, my dad restored his PC about 3 times since then.
Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:12 pm

AMP Energy #39 recolered Ryan Newman 2006 base.
Back to top Go down
https://awnmotorsports.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:22 pm

A failure of a #1 Coke Chevy.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:01 am

First car you ever painted?  Kenset17

This.

It was my first attempt at using GIMP, and this was the first competed result. It was released on February 3, 2009 on NNR, to celebrate the 50th anniversery of what Don McClean called "The Day the Music Died". I won't go into detail on that. Anyways, it might just possibly be the worst car to grace the track, but it did play host to this ridiculous save. Very Happy

No? Aw, you guys are mean. Sad

Also, you can click the picture to download the .tga file of the car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Tanrar
World Racing Legend
Tanrar

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:34 am

A very terrible #7 Air Force car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 am

The Scott Riggs 10 car with a Sunoco Jagged base (I think) from massgrafx with the colors changed to red and white with an Adobe hood logo, Econo lodge on the sides, Adobe text on the deck, Kmart text on the back, and in the buttom rear corners was the K-mart K with the K backwards on the top/left side. The numbers were Riggs's 10 Nesquick numbers from 2002 and were blue.
Back to top Go down
Tyson Lautenschlager
Tyson Lautenschlager

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:07 am

I painted a car last year that sucked, I've never painted again. I know, it's a tragedy. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:27 am

The first car I ever painted was a decent looking Denny Hamlin car that someone at that other forum helped me paint. And it's been all downhill from there. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jrodsly
Tyson Lautenschlager
Tyson Lautenschlager

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Who helped you?
Back to top Go down
VerizonGuy12
World Racing Legend
VerizonGuy12

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:06 pm

My first car I painted was a 2007 Chevy Impala dedicating to a nearby Chevy dealer, used Dale Jr's base and a Hendrick Number Font. number 42.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Michael29Shell
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:26 pm

My first car was a Danica Patrick #7 Motorola chevy for nationwide series on NASCAR 09 template. It had no base. Just black with blue failure numbers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Jrod
World Racing Legend
Jrod

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
Who helped you?

husyodade69 from the other forum. He helped me over AIM.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jrodsly
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:23 pm

beleive it or not, I painted a few.

it was back when I had the original Nascar Racing, I painted a few cars. it was for a "league" I made back then I was 12 (it was the only time I had me and Clezl together)

the paint schemes were shitty though, I had Dan Leckliter (me) in Sunoco Colors (but getting the sponsor was impossible, so all I did was put it in lettering), and I had Dan Clezl in a very shitty version of tiger stripes with a Country Time Sponsor (which if you know, didn't go together).
Back to top Go down
ThePudgeBomber
Racing Legend
ThePudgeBomber

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 pm

A very terrible #16 car. Tried to play the base off of an older Greg Biffle base and I absolutely butchered the car lmfao. I've painted a few good ones back in the day, I just don't like downloading all that stuff to my computer so I have others paint my cars for me. Nick also knows why I choose not to paint.. (cough #6 UPS car cough) Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ampenergyseries.webs.com
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:49 pm

I really hate to bump such an old topic, so do pardon me for that. I thought I might revive this in spite of recent events. Like Woodard said, everyone needs to start somewhere. Wink
Back to top Go down
Se7en
Racing Phenom
Se7en

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:43 am

Obviously, mine are right here.
Back to top Go down
GWoodard41
Racing Phenom
GWoodard41

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:29 pm

First car you ever painted?  LTw2U

Oh look a Beta Brute and a very bad Patriot Racing/Lightning scheme.

inb4carviewer
Back to top Go down
Jakar545
Racing Legend
Jakar545

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
Chives5150

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Some of you may remember this: Razz

First car you ever painted?  PepsiSAARTyrant
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
kensethfan

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:34 pm

kensethfan wrote:
First car you ever painted?  Kenset17

This.

It was my first attempt at using GIMP, and this was the first competed result. It was released on February 3, 2009 on NNR, to celebrate the 50th anniversery of what Don McClean called "The Day the Music Died". I won't go into detail on that. Anyways, it might just possibly be the worst car to grace the track, but it did play host to this ridiculous save. Very Happy

No? Aw, you guys are mean. Sad

Also, you can click the picture to download the .tga file of the car.

MEMORIES
LIGHT THE CORNERS OF MY MIND
MISTY WATER COLORED MEMORIES
OF THE WAY WE WEEEEEEERE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First car you ever painted?    First car you ever painted?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First car you ever painted?
Page 1 of 1